British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

28.03. Aces v Tigers - Northern League Cup

R/R for Cook (COVID) and R. Worrall in for Musielak.

Sheffield set for a drumming tonight.

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

It had been said on this forum at some point that the number eight rules are different this year and that they can take rides during a meeting almost as a third reserve.

I think that was speculation prior to the publication of the rulebook, which from my reading appears to make no such provision.

• Like 1

Thanks to those that sent weather details, shame Sheffield missing two riders.

Ellis, Worrall & Howarth can take Cooks R/R I believe. Looks like a home win now.

Been a nice day today blue sky and sunny, pity about the injury/illness problems hope it dosent detract too much from the racing.

1 hour ago, Col said:

Thanks to those that sent weather details, shame Sheffield missing two riders.

Ellis, Worrall & Howarth can take Cooks R/R I believe. Looks like a home win now.

Cook very inconsistent round NSS, Worrall better then Musielak.

30 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Cook very inconsistent round NSS, Worrall better then Musielak.

On last Monday's showing I'd be inclined to agree with Richie Worrall being better than Musielak but I doubt Musielak would have been as poor again this week.

Test of Stead's team management, got to get the R/R selections correct. 

12 minutes ago, Col said:

On last Monday's showing I'd be inclined to agree with Richie Worrall being better than Musielak but I doubt Musielak would have been as poor again this week.

Test of Stead's team management, got to get the R/R selections correct. 

Musielak wasn't great in his meetings for Swindon at NSS either, scored 4 & 7.

4 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Cook out after testing positive for covid

Tobiasz is injured

R/R for cook

Richie Worrall for tobiasz

Just a shame meetings cant be converted to "challenge" matches when such things happen, and then re run when Guests are not needed...

ie. Provide a night at the Speedway but dont make it a "proper competition"...

Only six teams in the league and cup so surely dates could be found between now and the end of the season..? 

Sadly "it's ok we can have a Guest, which riders go well around there? We could end up better off!!" is too often the refrain, rather than "let's keep credibility in our main competitions, make them mean something, and be worth winning"...

At least the weather is looking good for tonight, which usually means decent crowd numbers....

3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Musielak wasn't great in his meetings for Swindon at NSS either, scored 4 & 7.

Bit strange for a polish rider they normally love the NSS.

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Just a shame meetings cant be converted to "challenge" matches when such things happen, and then re run when Guests are not needed...

ie. Provide a night at the Speedway but dont make it a "proper competition"...

Only six teams in the league and cup so surely dates could be found between now and the end of the season..? 

Sadly "it's ok we can have a Guest, which riders go well around there? We could end up better off!!" is too often the refrain, rather than "let's keep credibility in our main competitions, make them mean something, and be worth winning"...

At least the weather is looking good for tonight, which usually means decent crowd numbers....

I don't think the powers that be care much about any competitions in this country and they are certainly not going to change the fixtures for the benefit of the fans. We just have to accept it as it is and cup competitions mean very little. 

Personally i think this gives Belle Vue  a much better chance of winning, Musielak is a far better than Richie Worrall, i expect they would have had his brother had he been available .Can't see r/r being of benefit to Sheffield either, Cook is good at the NSS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Bit strange for a polish rider they normally love the NSS.

Not sure Janowski would rank it as one of his favourites.

Good luck to Tom Brennan tonight, will be watching updates, he was excellent at Ben Fund

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Baldyman said:

It's suddenly gone from a close meeting to an easy home win. 

Wow,, and so far you are completely wrong you clueless donut