British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

28.03. Aces v Tigers - Northern League Cup

7 hours ago, TTT said:

R/R for Cook (COVID) and R. Worrall in for Musielak.

Sheffield set for a drumming tonight.

Erm....:blink:

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

Just a shame meetings cant be converted to "challenge" matches when such things happen, and then re run when Guests are not needed...

ie. Provide a night at the Speedway but dont make it a "proper competition"...

Only six teams in the league and cup so surely dates could be found between now and the end of the season..? 

Sadly "it's ok we can have a Guest, which riders go well around there? We could end up better off!!" is too often the refrain, rather than "let's keep credibility in our main competitions, make them mean something, and be worth winning"...

At least the weather is looking good for tonight, which usually means decent crowd numbers....

Bet BV wish it was a challenge meeting! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Bet BV wish it was a challenge meeting! 

They can concentrate on the league.....:D

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Erm....:blink:

I gave Belle Vue the benefit of the doubt earlier by looking at the positive side of things but I was wrong, Belle Vue are just as woeful as many have said on here. 

Nailed on for the wooden spoon already if tonight is anything to go by.

Not sure why people do it every year but they can't wait to hammer teams if they have a dodgy first meeting. It's March for Pete's sake, riders all take different amounts of time to get up to speed. Belle Vue haven't even lost tonight yet.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not sure why people do it every year but they can't wait to hammer teams if they have a dodgy first meeting. It's March for Pete's sake, riders all take different amounts of time to get up to speed. Belle Vue haven't even lost tonight yet.

Tbf I was the only one bigging them up by looking at the positives. 

Might be able to sneak a win if Sheffield's reserves continue to struggle but overall it still doesn't look good considering Sheffield are missing two engine room riders tonight.

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Yes true Kings Lynn wasted no time getting rid of Cook last season. 

44 minutes ago, TTT said:

I gave Belle Vue the benefit of the doubt earlier by looking at the positive side of things but I was wrong, Belle Vue are just as woeful as many have said on here. 

Nailed on for the wooden spoon already if tonight is anything to go by.

Didn’t know league was decided in first month of season. Not even running league meetings!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Didn’t know league was decided in first month of season. Not even running league meetings!

Waiting for your side to go 2 points up against a heavily weakened Sheffield before typing a reply. :D

We shall see what the season brings but let's be honest Belle Vue fans are the ones who were being negative towards their own side when I was bigging them up earlier looking at the positives.

Everyone is entitled to give an early season prediction :t: 

8 minutes ago, TTT said:

Waiting for your side to go 2 points up against a heavily weakened Sheffield before typing a reply. :D

We shall see what the season brings but let's be honest Belle Vue fans are the ones who were being negative towards their own side when I was bigging them up earlier looking at the positives.

Everyone is entitled to give an early season prediction :t: 

It was announced it was a short term signing, this won’t be the team in a month so how you can predict will be bottom of the league.

Just now, Rob B said:

It was announced it was a short term signing, this won’t be the team in a month so how you can predict will be bottom of the league.

As a Panthers fan I've heard that story from management before when we were in the same position (Aaron Summers) ended up staying the whole season and it was a disaster. 

Allen's being branded as short term in the HOPE somebody better asks for a job that fits within the budget, Belle Vue would've signed a better rider if they actually had one lined-up as they had enough time. Taking wild swings at Woffinden who only wanted to turn up when he felt like it or taking a gamble on Bewley knowing Poland could flex their muscles whenever they feel like it screams desperation because they couldn't find anyone else willing to turn up 24/7 who was capable of doing a job as a HL.

41 minutes ago, TTT said:

As a Panthers fan I've heard that story from management before when we were in the same position (Aaron Summers) ended up staying the whole season and it was a disaster. 

Allen's being branded as short term in the HOPE somebody better asks for a job that fits within the budget, Belle Vue would've signed a better rider if they actually had one lined-up as they had enough time. Taking wild swings at Woffinden who only wanted to turn up when he felt like it or taking a gamble on Bewley knowing Poland could flex their muscles whenever they feel like it screams desperation because they couldn't find anyone else willing to turn up 24/7 who was capable of doing a job as a HL.

Wait and see then