British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Leicester v Poole Sat 16th/4/22

When Mountain had ef King had passed him two laps earlier. Poole too strong for Lions.  If this was playoffs. We would have the champagne open.  

I'd say getting the losers point at Leicester is a good result esp with 3 riders struggling. I know people like to put down the Poole team at any opportunity but more than happy with that result.:t:

Glad no one hurt in the crashes! 

• Like 3

Well I was there....if Richie didn't get excluded and mountain didn't have any engine failure .....guess what? Poole wouldn't have had a point. Poole had some luck this meeting but boy they are good. League champions in my opinion.

• Like 2

Decent meeting last night, with probably a crowd bigger than that of the Birmingham meeting on the opening night. A fair few Poole fans around bends 1&2 which created a good atmosphere.  The track was a little bit bumpy on the 1st and 2nd bend for the first couple of heats but after a track grade, this was sorted out. A decent amount of passing across the meeting as well, certainly more entertaining the demolition jobs in the previous home meetings.

Leicester deserved the win, but Poole deserved something out of the meeting too, despite being a 4 man team last night. Howarth is starting to make those cutbacks off bend 2 and 4 his signature move, as he caught Lawson and King out in heats 3 and 9 respectively. Kemp rode brilliant last night, which was no doubt his highest score at Beaumont Park at this level.

Overall, Leicester will be glad to have got the win in what was an acid test after the performance at Scunthorpe on Friday. Poole will be more than happy with a point for their efforts.

Another big test with Glasgow coming to town next week.

• Like 1

Good meeting last night, good racing too with lots of passing, the Cooks are never at their best at Leicester but they were very poor last night. Fortunately for us Kemp was superb as were King and Lawson but Steve Worrall was off the pace, getting passed by his brother doesn't happen very often but in fairness Richie looked very quick. So a good night and a good point earned.. 

• Like 3

Got to be better than watching maulings every week. A good competetive meeting. The result was about right. Leicester deserved the win.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

Well I was there....if Richie didn't get excluded and mountain didn't have any engine failure .....guess what? Poole wouldn't have had a point. Poole had some luck this meeting but boy they are good. League champions in my opinion.

Not just your opinion, I believe they have the trophy to prove it :)

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

When Mountain had ef King had passed him two laps earlier. Poole too strong for Lions.  If this was playoffs. We would have the champagne open.  

Given the way that Lion's teams usually ride at Poole, I would agree with you!

Well done to Leicester although with only 2 x 5-1s on your home track, shows how tight Poole managed to keep it. Happy with the away point and also happy at the thought of meeting the Lions in a 2-leg play off!!!!! 

3 hours ago, wtf said:

Not just your opinion, I believe they have the trophy to prove it :)

:D

2 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Given the way that Lion's teams usually ride at Poole, I would agree with you!

At least 4 of them are good at Poole, I'd say they do better at Poole than last year.

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Well done to Leicester although with only 2 x 5-1s on your home track, shows how tight Poole managed to keep it. Happy with the away point and also happy at the thought of meeting the Lions in a 2-leg play off!!!!! 

I think you ought to be happy with the thought of anyone over two legs, as things stand you win any play off at a canter on paper IMO.

• Like 1

Why didn't the water truck come out? The dust kicking up on bend one would have given you an interesting topping on top of your cheese n chips! :rofl:

Washed me bald head, which had a top coat of sun cream on it, when i got home and the towel i used to dry it with had more dirt on it than Leicester's track! :rofl:

But that's why we love speedway!

Well done Lions on the win and a sound point for us Pirates :t: