British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mike0310

Plymouth v Leicester

7 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

Poor from the lions tonight. Think our team is still learning about different tracks. The twins are still only 17 (nearly 18) and rowe is a youngster too. Onwards and upwards

Twins and Rowe surely did what was expected tonight? Top 4 that let you down IMO

• Like 2

I know still early in the season but Leicester aren't going to win anything if they don't sort out their away form. 20 point loss and a 30 point loss with the team they have? Shouldn't be happening imo. 

But well done Plymouth on their win, very good performance from them. Gating and passing they didn't put a foot wrong. 

• Thanks 1

Worrying signs from Leicester over the last week, they looked on paper title contenders but performing nothing like it on the road. 

• Like 2

Few team changes needed at Leicester already. 

Shouldn't be losing that heavily on the road twice back-to-back. 

I don't get why loads of people keep criticising the twins away form when it's the top 3 that have been letting us down away from home. Morris has looked a million dollars at home, a proper No 1, but away he's been woeful 

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Twins and Rowe surely did what was expected tonight? Top 4 that let you down IMO

Fair comment. The team was built with a strong top three. At home, visitors will do well to gain a point. Away, the big guns need to score well to keep things tight going into the final three races, where two big hitters will get you over the line or look to at least salvage a point.

Lions have now been spanked away by two teams who many will see as being borderline play off contenders. Having watched the stream the track appeared to be slick and dusty which no doubt accounted for the lack of passing. As disappointed as I was with my track observations (which grates when I read of the constant criticism of the Lions track), the score margin cannot be excused.

With the clubs expectation of a play off spot as an absolute minimum, the obvious imbalance of home and away performances ( to date) would suggest that it would be  very difficult to overcome another top six team over two legs.

• Like 2

The heat leaders are over the hill .IMO

They will do a job at home though,whether that’s good enough to win the League is doubtful.

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

I don't get why loads of people keep criticising the twins away form when it's the top 3 that have been letting us down away from home. Morris has looked a million dollars at home, a proper No 1, but away he's been woeful 

He said he just done 10 meetings in 10 days, maybe he needs a rest! Gonna be burnt out by play off time at this rate. 

Apparently only on day 5 out of 10, just had to check SM lol.

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Fair comment. The team was built with a strong top three. At home, visitors will do well to gain a point. Away, the big guns need to score well to keep things tight going into the final three races, where two big hitters will get you over the line or look to at least salvage a point.

Lions have now been spanked away by two teams who many will see as being borderline play off contenders. Having watched the stream the track appeared to be slick and dusty which no doubt accounted for the lack of passing. As disappointed as I was with my track observations (which grates when I read of the constant criticism of the Lions track), the score margin cannot be excused.

With the clubs expectation of a play off spot as an absolute minimum, the obvious imbalance of home and away performances ( to date) would suggest that it would be  very difficult to overcome another top six team over two legs.

I think been built to the same method as Poole. Really need top 3 firing every match and bottom 4 to score their average away to get a result. If the top 3 don't fire what happened this week is the outcome

Just got back through the door,Plymouth would have beat anyone tonight they were so good Barker was imperious I’m hearing how poor Leicester were that’s because we made them look poor really surprised how bad Morris was and it would have been even worse if Andersen didn’t just get done on the way to the line. Roll on Scunthorpe next week this result will make a few teams sit up and take note.

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I think been built to the same method as Poole. Really need top 3 firing every match and bottom 4 to score their average away to get a result. If the top 3 don't fire what happened this week is the outcome

I think our top 3 is better than theirs personally, I wouldn't swap it :o:D The difference between Poole and Leicester away at the moment is a reserve scoring well..? And at least 2 HL's doing well too (helps obvs!)

Anyway I am off topic, I don't think Leicester will or should make changes as suggested. The team is fine, they just not got going away from home yet. 

Edited by lisa-colette

23 minutes ago, TTT said:

Few team changes needed at Leicester already. 

Shouldn't be losing that heavily on the road twice back-to-back. 

1) no chance they'll want to make changes in my view

2) there's no one out there anyway

3) Only need to finish 6th to be Champions, can afford a few heavy away defeats as long as they win all their home matches (bound to do) & pick up a few away points!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

1) no chance they'll want to make changes in my view

2) there's no one out there anyway

3) Only need to finish 6th to be Champions, can afford a few heavy away defeats as long as they win all their home matches (bound to do) & pick up a few away points!

Trust me, Stewart isn't against making changes for the sake of it..saw it at Glasgow many times!!

But yeah I mean what could you change? A heat leader and Rowe for what sedgeman and Sam Jensen or something? Is that any stronger?

Saw mr Dickson on the way out he looked very glum like he’d lost a fiver and found a pound.

20 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Just got back through the door,Plymouth would have beat anyone tonight they were so good Barker was imperious I’m hearing how poor Leicester were that’s because we made them look poor really surprised how bad Morris was and it would have been even worse if Andersen didn’t just get done on the way to the line. Roll on Scunthorpe next week this result will make a few teams sit up and take note.

Next 2 home meetings for Plymouth will see if that is the case in comparison to tonight's score. I take it Kennett won't be back in time for 3rd May fixture, be interesting to see what guest they pick?