British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe v Birmingham 22.4.22

Also, last years no 1 for the last 2/3rds of the season. Let's see which versions turn up on Friday.

Jake having a mare, scorewise, at Belle Vue this dinner time. Seems he is missing a bit of speed, grunt, so needs a bit of tinkering to find the issue. He is not breaking down, like Harris early form so maybe engine issue(valves, springs, service not the same as usual, electrics, plug, fuel filters) so much to check to find a fault. The bikes look so similar but just 1 bit not working right causes issues. I think I have read somewhere that Josh Auty has blown 3 engines so far & was seeking out a new one only last week.

Jake was very poor for Ipswich last season and looks like he's carried the same form into this season at the mo.

2 hours ago, kevin bass said:

Jake was very poor for Ipswich last season and looks like he's carried the same form into this season at the mo.

Yeah doesn’t look the same rider that we saw a few years ago at Scunny just seems to be really struggling for speed which is a real shame 

Having seen Jake at Sheffield last thursday. He looked like he was on a sit on lawnmower rather then a bike. I'm sure his fortune will turn around though.

Full expect a convincing Scorpions win despite the 4 ex Scunny riders in the Brummies side.

Edited by Fozzie4388

Jake Allen is trying to get moved out of  scunthorpe's team he's not happy with things. 

11 minutes ago, lewy said:

Jake Allen is trying to get moved out of  scunthorpe's team he's not happy with things. 

Retiring? Don't see why he would want to leave a track he earns good money on to join a track where he wouldn't make half as much money due to him not being half as good on those tracks.

1 minute ago, TTT said:

Retiring? Don't see why he would want to leave a track he earns good money on to join a track where he wouldn't make half as much money due to him not being half as good on those tracks.

Jake Allen in the right frame of mind will earn good money on any track in the UK imo.

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Can you elaborate on that post, does he not like the management / track / the team / or has he had enough of speedway etc.

1 hour ago, lewy said:

my god your full of bolloxs

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, OldtimerRay said:

Can you elaborate on that post, does he not like the management / track / the team / or has he had enough of speedway etc.

17 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

my god your full of bolloxs

Lewy & another Plymouth poster criticise anything about the Scorpions.

10 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Lewy & another Plymouth poster criticise anything about the Scorpions.

I haven't commented on the scorpions in ages,i have mentioned one of their riders who if he does start showing his true form will make scunny very strong especially at home. Read the posts a few times IS and SD before you comment. :t:

21 hours ago, lewy said:

Source?

Looking back to Scunnys win against Leicester the other week,

Leicester had D Thompson at 3 .Brum have Auty, i fully believe

Brum will come together fully and to win 46-44.