British Speedway Forum
Coraldon

Redcar v Leicester

2 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

Hearing of some dodgy calls from the ref tonight

The ref was poor when Plymouth were at Redcar, don't know if its the same one. 

Well it’s a pity that the meeting wasn’t streamed as that was easily the best meeting at Redcar this year on a bitterly cold night.

Lions deserved their point and it could have been closer if Morris hadn’t dropped points with and EF and the, quite frankly, ludicrous decision to award Riss the win in Heat 11 (awaits someone to tell me they were right in line and the ref was right)

For the Bears the top 3 were as consistent as usual but it was Andersen picking up a decent score that tipped it Bears way.

For the Lions Morris, Worrall and Rowe were excellent value but a disappointing return from Jorgensen cost them.

Some cracking, close racing on an excellent track, Heat 15 in particular was a fantastic race.

Meeting rattled along at a good pace and was over in less than an hour and a half, which was much appreciated considering how cold it was.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Agree with Year by - easily best meeting here so far this year with some great racing. 

Was astonished when the ref gave the win to Riss - looked half a bike behind from where we stand. Also enjoyed Morris then marching to the start gate and ripping the tapes off in protest! 

Andersen was probably the difference tonight, and great ride in his last one from Roynon as well. Thankfully for us Jorgensen was a bit off form as could have went either way then. 

I'm now off to warm up! 

1 hour ago, ScottyJ said:

Lions had promise but just missing our Captain tonight. And our birthday boys are still struggling away from home

Howarth would surely have scored more than Jorgensen tonight which just might have been enough for three points. But in view of recent away performances, I think we have to accept the point. (I think that Redcar will finish the season higher placed than Scunny and Plymouth, which makes recent away results more frustrating!).

Mountain and Rowe appear to have more than done their job tonight, but I agree that the Thompson’s are a concern on their travels. A team can only really carry one one rider in away fixtures if they are seeking a win. I remain loyal/biased and think that Dan and Joe will still kick on and hope that Mr Dickson is in agreement and has patience.

That said, axing riders and bringing in better replacements is proving difficult in the current climate. As much as I’ve enjoyed the Lions upturn in recent seasons, I like the idea of sticking with young and local riders even if there are sacrifices in team achievements. Think I’d better stop there before trying to bring loyalty into speedway!

1 hour ago, ScottyJ said:

Hearing of some dodgy calls from the ref tonight

Again no dodgy reffing,  just people not in a position, to make that decision, making accusations. Three people on the line all gave it to Riss, me, Ryan Nassa, and most importantly the ref. Again 2 feet over the line, Morris was in front, but its the line that counts.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Again no dodgy reffing,  just people not in a position, to make that decision, making accusations. Three people on the line all gave it to Riss, me, Ryan Nassa, and most importantly the ref. Again 2 feet over the line, Morris was in front, but its the line that counts.

From behind the line it appeared Riss got there first  admittedly it was a very close call.  I suppose everyone saw it differently depending on their view.  The ref is  looking at the line and has a millisecond to make his mind up.  Morris's actions were disgraceful especially in front of kids and in any other sport he would have been sent off and received a lengthy ban.  

2 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

Morris's actions were disgraceful especially in front of kids and in any other sport he would have been sent off and received a lengthy ban.  

Don't think so. Hundreds of sportsmen have childish temper tantrums and most end up with minor sanctions amounting to no more than a slap on the wrist. The most obvious example being tennis player Nick Kyrigos.

18 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

From behind the line it appeared Riss got there first  admittedly it was a very close call.  I suppose everyone saw it differently depending on their view.  The ref is  looking at the line and has a millisecond to make his mind up.  Morris's actions were disgraceful especially in front of kids and in any other sport he would have been sent off and received a lengthy ban.  

Completely disagree, this is what's missing at meetings, a bit of interaction with the crowd, I was stood right on the line and i never heard any foul language from the rider, just him gesturing to the reff. Indeed from the childrens reactions nr me , they  seemed to enjoy it. Certainly everyone I spoke to afterwards thought it added to the entertainment.

Riders get paid per point as no doubt you are aware, so last night Morris lost 2 points through his machinery stopping, hopefully it wasn't an expensive fix. Then he loses another point because of what he sees is a wrong decision by the ref. Money taken out of his pocket.

Wouldn't you be mad if it was your money?

As for being sent off and a lengthy ban, your having a laugh aren't you? That would only end up as the retirement of another rider. 

• Like 1

Good to see a rider who cares.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Good to see a rider who cares.

Yep but might just care about his pocket lol

18 minutes ago, soupy said:

Yep but might just care about his pocket lol

Of course, that's the biggest reason riders race!?

12 minutes ago, Trees said:

Of course, that's the biggest reason riders race!?

No! No! No!...

I have read it on here many times that they do it "for our entertainment"....:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Morris added to the entertainment last night. He’s a real racer and can understand why he was upset at the Heat 11 decision.

As long as he wasn’t abusive I have no issue with his actions, a pantomime villain always gives a bit of interest. 

• Like 5

CAnt TyPE MUCh my FINers R sTILl FrOzEN fROM laT NIght, Well done to both teams for the nights entertainment.

• Haha 2