British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Edinburgh - new home required….

Totally left field but.......... Corbiewood just outside Stirling?

I know it's been nibbled at in the past. 

Believe that last nibble was a demo event in 2002, to check noise levels.....? 

Edited by Joseq7

Although some of the earlier comments may have caused offence to some I think most people are just frustrated that another track is about to close. John Campbell was clear on Friday. He stated publicly that Edinburgh speedway has no options that will allow the Monarchs to compete in 2023 and further stated Monarchs will be out of the sport for a period of time. Negative or positive comments thank you all for caring about the Monarchs. Just to balance the situation as well thank you to all the councilors who did give us their support. You did your best!

• Like 4

Strong possibility that’s the end of the monarchs now.

They had a very good inning’s & ran a shrewd operation over the years on sometimes a wafer thin budget & delivered silverware to the fans.

The derbies with Glasgow over the years have been fantastic & they will be a massive loss to not just Glasgow speedway but British speedway.

2 hours ago, Joseq7 said:

Totally left field but.......... Corbiewood just outside Stirling?

I know it's been nibbled at in the past. 

Believe that last nibble was a demo event in 2002, to check noise levels.....? 

You haven't been to Stirling for awhile!? It's currently fenced off and half demolished! There building a major housing development there!

6 minutes ago, TigerIan said:

You haven't been to Stirling for awhile!? It's currently fenced off and half demolished! There building a major housing development there!

Ah right fair enough. 

I lived in Stirlingshire and Clackmannanshire from 1990-2007 and was a regular at Armadale until I saw the light :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Justsaying said:

Although some of the earlier comments may have caused offence to some I think most people are just frustrated that another track is about to close. John Campbell was clear on Friday. He stated publicly that Edinburgh speedway has no options that will allow the Monarchs to compete in 2023 and further stated Monarchs will be out of the sport for a period of time. Negative or positive comments thank you all for caring about the Monarchs. Just to balance the situation as well thank you to all the councilors who did give us their support. You did your best!

Sad times for the Monarchs.Feel for the Promotion who have done a great job running the sport in difficult time.Genuine Speedway Promotion.

• Like 5

Yep sad to be losing another track and team for the minute the  way things are looking.Hope something can be found.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Sad times for the Monarchs.Feel for the Promotion who have done a great job running the sport in difficult time.Genuine Speedway Promotion.

16 hours ago, soupy said:

Yep sad to be losing another track and team for the minute the  way things are looking.Hope something can be found.

Would the promotion and fans mind the round trip to Eastbourne, track going spare......I'd support you.

• Haha 1

What's the chances of using Armadale for one last season in 2023, while a new home is located?

I hope Edinburgh can survive, even if it's by renting out Ashfield on Saturday nights for a year.

Edited by lucifer sam

30 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

What's the chances of using Armadale for one last season in 2023, while a new home is located?

I hope Edinburgh can survive, even if it's by renting out Ashfield on Saturday nights for a year.

See posts above quoting John Campbell that there are no options for Edinburgh to compete next year.

Seem to remember Berwick renting Glasgow (Blantyre 1) on Saturday nights about 40 years ago and Edinburgh protesting about it. Don't think its a goer Lucifer Sam. 

Edited by Beirao

36 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Seem to remember Berwick renting Glasgow (Blantyre 1) on Saturday nights about 40 years ago and Edinburgh protesting about it. Don't think its a goer Lucifer Sam. 

Berwick rode at Barrow, Workington & Glasgow before Edinburgh got us thrown out. We did however ride our ko cup final against Edinburgh at Newcastle

Gazzac, a round trip from Edinburgh to Hailsham is nearly 1,00miles every week and so the chance of

this happening is 0%.

Do you think any Speedway Fan would undertake such a lengthy trip for every home meetings, I very

much doubt they could afford  the costs of fuel and finding accomodation on the Saturday Night and

not forgetting the wear and tear of their car.

On 9/12/2022 at 7:07 PM, arnieg said:

Are you usually this offensive? Do you have anger management issues? 

On 9/12/2022 at 7:15 PM, Fromafar said:

Why do you just not accept other peoples views,it is a forum.You don’t have to get Personal.

On 9/12/2022 at 7:17 PM, arnieg said:

He got personal, he said councillors were in it for themselves. I was a Councillor. Therefore he is implying I was in it for myself.

So who's getting personal?

I believe someone once said, just because you're offended, doesn't make you right. 

He had an opinion, an opinion can't be right or wrong, it's an opinion, you either agree with it or you don't. It's a public forum, FFS you say you knew, that he knew, that you were this or that. And of course you have proof of this. Or is it an opinion. 

Please just walk on by if you don't agree