British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

KOC Sat 4 June - Glasgow v Edinburgh

7 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Oooooft. Imagine what the score would have been with Sam and Josh there. Well done boys. 

But you would have to take 17 points off that Richard and Justin got first! Maybe another 5/6 points more.

3 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Oooooft. Imagine what the score would have been with Sam and Josh there. Well done boys. 

All speculation, you could say what would the score have been had Cookie not had bike issues in his first 3 rides , this is speculation of course.

Who knows just enjoy the win instead of what if's.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gazc said:

All speculation, you could say what would the score have been had Cookie not had bike issues in his first 3 rides , this is speculation of course.

Who knows just enjoy the win instead of what if's.  

I’ll do as I please thanks Gaz. xxxxx. 

Maybe Glasgow will equal their best ever season in the last 10 years and win the pairs. 

1 minute ago, JanAndersen said:

Maybe Glasgow will equal their best ever season in the last 10 years and win the pairs. 

To be fair you do not that I give a toss just pointing out your mystic meg powers.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Paulco said:

Well done Edinburgh,  the world and his wife knew what change should have been made in heat 14 , so what chance have we got of winning anything this season 

The prize for the "most photographed speedway manager" is surely ours?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

The prize for the "most photographed speedway manager" is surely ours?

Cami Knickers 

17 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Won the cup in 2016 :t:

After few days to consider the result I'll go with my initial reaction. Ian Steele was sacked for less.

And the quote, danyon unlucky in his ride finished last.  couldn't take him out. Just more evidence not up to the job, need to be ruthless in the and broc should no doubt been in heat 14. Would middlo, pete Adams, rossco etc have made that decision? Not a chance

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

After few days to consider the result I'll go with my initial reaction. Ian Steele was sacked for less.

And the quote, danyon unlucky in his ride finished last.  couldn't take him out. Just more evidence not up to the job, need to be ruthless in the and broc should no doubt been in heat 14. Would middlo, pete Adams, rossco etc have made that decision? Not a chance

I certainly not a Cami fan,but it was no win situation,but he would have been better to make the change ,when you have got an unbeaten rider sitting in the pits in a Ht 14 situation should have used him.Would certainly have taken less flak from the most knowledgeable supporters.That’s life though.

• Like 2

On 6/4/2022 at 11:03 PM, Turnip said:

Leicester certainly benefitting with Stewart Dickson leading the way since his departure from Glasgow.

I thought the same when Glasgow let Dickson walk away, not exactly their best ever move was it.

The current TM seems to want to be more fair to the riders rather than putting the team cause and supporters first.

Its fair to say their is a vast difference between managers in both divisions.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

I thought the same when Glasgow let Dickson walk away, not exactly their best ever move was it.

The current TM seems to want to be more fair to the riders rather than putting the team cause and supporters first.

Its fair to say their is a vast difference between managers in both divisions.

How many Tigers' fans were unhappy though when Ian Steele was sacked after a debatable decision at Berwick in a move that was seen as Stewart getting the job he wanted.

I for one didn't like it but in fairness to Stewart he has become one of the finest tactician around (as the Anders Rowe maneuver shows)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

How many Tigers' fans were unhappy though when Ian Steele was sacked after a debatable decision at Berwick in a move that was seen as Stewart getting the job he wanted.

I for one didn't like it but in fairness to Stewart he has become one of the finest tactician around (as the Anders Rowe maneuver shows)

He who invests the most can become Team Manager is the CV you have to forward these days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

What happened at Berwick for Ian to be sacked and when was this please?

1 hour ago, cheggie said:

What happened at Berwick for Ian to be sacked and when was this please?

It would have been about 20 years ago. He didn't make a tactical substitution that possibly cost us a win and he paid the price. 

One of the Promoters was said to have fancied the job  of team manager and that was seen as an excuse to get rid of Ian.

Not only did we lose a team manager but we lost an incredible fan and historian who also had a website which had encyclopaedic information about EVERY rider that had riden for the Tigers 

Cut Ian Steele and he would have bled Glasgow Tigers.

A real gentleman with a lovely wife, Anne, who was also Tigers daft.

Edited by cinderfella
  • Like 2