British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Redcar SGB Championship 29th May 2022- 4pm

Time for big changes at Newcastle , is there 7 riders available? Or at least 5 .

Suppose this what happens now got a fair track to race on. Sad to see, home hammerings no good for anyone 

• Like 3

Thought about going but even as a Bears fan I’m glad I didn’t.

Pleased to get the 4 points and see the young lads scoring so well but can’t take much pleasure seeing a team (even your local rivals) struggle from one disaster to another.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No good for the club or the sport.  I feel for Newcastle. Weak team made weaker by the injury to Kerr. Bare bones support and not likely to improve unless a NUFC player turns up every week for a meet and greet. 

Hope they survive the season.

Kerr ????

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No good for the club or the sport.  I feel for Newcastle. Weak team made weaker by the injury to Kerr. Bare bones support and not likely to improve unless a NUFC player turns up every week for a meet and greet. 

How are they going to pay for a Newcastle footie player meet and greet? Maybe a Newcastle manager meet and greet as Eddie Howe been to Poole before, I think? When with Bournemouth. And definitely knows some rules as he thought the league points structure for away teams was a good idea! 

Edited by lisa-colette

7 hours ago, screm said:

I think this might just get very untidy for the home side.

Ouch.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Kerr?

Seriously embarrassing now 28 points at home and 11 from a guest, 1 point from reserve as opposed to 19 for Redcar,why no guest for Starke ?? We are now a laughing stock and have been for the last 2 years, such a shame from a once top club 

Nothing loses home fans quicker the a few home defeats and a home defeat like today does it all the quicker. Rob Grant has a few problems to answer, the situation regarding BWD, finding riders who can come in and improve the team etc.

Easier said than done I am afraid.

Promising changes might be easier said than done unfortunately 

• Like 1

Not good for anyone when a club takes a battering.

Not good for the fans of either side in reality considering you don't get your money's worth.

Not good for either club in reality either as the winning team have to splash out big money on wages while the Home club takes a hit on punters not returning the following week.

Not good for the Sport either to have sides that aren't even competitive.

4 minutes ago, TTT said:

Not good for anyone when a club takes a battering.

Not good for the fans of either side in reality considering you don't get your money's worth.

Not good for either club in reality either as the winning team have to splash out big money on wages while the Home club takes a hit on punters not returning the following week.

Not good for the Sport either to have sides that aren't even competitive.

Not good for the sport, and the local sides, in this case Berwick and Redcar, if Newcastle can`t continue. There`s plenty issues for the Newcastle promotion to answer, lets hope they come up with the right ones.

• Like 1

One of the attendance problems for Newcastle is that in the past they have had a good side , nobody else rode the track well so they were used to winning heavily, now that they are not the crowds do not take to not winning big easily. I really hope that they can get some riders in & survive. Speedway needs aM

Newcastle is needed by Speedway, always for me they should be in the big league where the big city clubs should be