British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Redcar SGB Championship 29th May 2022- 4pm

30 minutes ago, SSL84 said:

Out of interest after all the hard work put in to sort the track out.  How was the track today?

Track was same for all riders on show & produced some very fat times

48 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

It's a decent league. It's Newcastle that are a shambles.

And its great to see!! 

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Track was same for all riders on show & produced some very fat times

Fat times was that when you were on the track ??

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Newcastle chose this team, unlike Birmingham who had to cobble together from the scrapheap. The points limit or state of the league is not to blame for that 

both teams and Plymouth have struggled because there weren't enough riders of the required calibre. Frankly I believe Plymouth and Newcastle have pulled a flanker by signing blokes who were never going to stick around so they could hire riders weekly. TBH I coudn't blame them, you can't just pull heat leaders out of your ar*e. Name someone who Newcastle or Plymouth could sign.

Edited by ch958
  • Like 2

Just now, phillipsr said:

And its great to see!! 

No it isnt 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, screm said:

No it isnt 

Everything the promotion and a decent portion of their fans deserve

Edited by phillipsr
Spelling

5 minutes ago, ch958 said:

both teams and Plymouth have struggled because there weren't enough riders of the required calibre. Frankly I believe Plymouth and Newcastle have pulled a flanker by signing blokes who were never going to stick around so they could hire riders weekly. TBH I coudn't blame them, you can't just pull heat leaders out of your ar*e. Name someone who Newcastle or Plymouth could sign.

That's a totally different argument. At point Newcastle signed BWD there were plenty riders hadn't been announced (whether signed or not is different argument). 

Until such times as Poland change their rules there's not going to be any. unless can make it more rewarding for a Becker or wolbert to ride champ than in Denmark.

Track appeared to be good for both teams, certainly didn't seem to be any complaints from the riders. Times were fast and once track beds in should be a good racing track for all.

I know Newcastle going through a tough time but most clubs, possibly Poole aside, have had these times. 

Rob Grant may not be everyone's cup of tea but the amount of work he puts in for the Diamonds, along with the other promoters and staff means we still have a club to support.

Hopefully the city and surrounding area will get behind the club and see it grow again, slowly and without putting it at risk.

I know I am willing to help in any way I can.

10 minutes ago, ch958 said:

Heard Klindt is open to offers now he's changed clubs in Poland. Not sure if he could do Sundays though.

10 minutes ago, screm said:

No it isnt 

He’s an idiot.. 

6 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Everything the promotion a decent portion of fans deserves

That made sense 

1 minute ago, Bellers101 said:

Heard Klindt is open to offers now he's changed clubs in Poland. Not sure if he could do Sundays though.

Rode for Rybnik today so doubt it :(

1 minute ago, Bellers101 said:

Too late- signed for Dackarna

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

Rode for Rybnik today so doubt it :(

Why would any half decent rider come ride at that shower of rubbishe 

Just now, phillipsr said:

You might need to edit that post to.. 

who is your team? 

8 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

That "shower of rubbish" as you phrase it, happens to be a lot of supporters speedway team,and yes,they are struggling at the moment,but in light of the risk they take by coming out to ride week in week out for our entertainment,can't you just,for once,cut some slack for this famous club.the riders confidence will be low at the moment and the likes of your comments don,t help.do you really want to lose another club like we can really afford to at the moment?

Edited by Moranboys
  • Like 2