British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, orion said:

This is shocking ....what will people mates think who laugh at speedway  do when they find out .

The decision was a perfectly pragmatic one , and better than many made by sporting bodies (consider F1 earlier this year and football's assorted arbitrary points deductions under financial fair play rules)

What WAS shocking was the length of time it took to reach and communicate the decision. (One I came up with before the meeting even started).

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, OML said:

So who gets next year's wildcard, the winner of the re-staging or next year's winner? Someone is still going to miss out.

2005 world U21 final was decided on the toss of a coin after Kasprzak and Suchanek had tied on points but hadn't met each other, and that was to decide a world champion! 

That's an interesting question.

I hadn't thought of that.

It wouldn't be inconceivable that someone like Scott Nichols could win the reschedule or what if Tom Brennan either won the reschedule or came 2nd to Bewley again. 

Oh it's messy messy.  

I suspect the line up for the rescheduling will be less strong. 

11 minutes ago, Turnip said:

For everyone's info & whether it makes a difference to any opinions on here, I've only read a couple mind u.....

I was speaking to Danny Ford afterwards and he could only see Adam Ellis being handed the wildcard due to missing out last year and av the meeting rerun.

Don't say things like that, we'll get the blame for it! ;)

• Haha 5

I blame Poole

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I think maybe having some written down "in the event of" rules may help the situation somewhat...

You know. Like sports do....:D

I half expected Dan, Bomber and Tom to come out under brollies to the tapes and play "Rock, Paper, Scissors."..:D

I think someone did that earlier in this thread. According to that it should have been draw the names from a hat to get the first three positions because Harris hadn't  ridden against either Bewley or Brennan.

Nicholls will have been gutted as he'd already raced the other four in the top five and with 7 was within reach of the top two places. 

• Haha 1

First of all. We all knew the rain was coming. Without the breaks after every 4 races we could have got to heat 16 I bet. Would have been less of a problem. 

they had less breaks for the son final because of the weather. Why not for the British final. 

leaving us standing there for 1 hour with no news what so ever is UNACCEPTABLE. We were all getting wet. 

regarding Ellis I kinda agree with the reason. But someone is going to miss out now whatever they do. 

lastly surely there is protocol for every situation so decisions can be made in quick sufficient time. But not. Not at BSPL. they will never learn. Shambolic organisation. 

quicker we get an independent body the better. 

first bit of rain we had this season. Bloody typical it was British final night. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Don't say things like that, we'll get the blame for it! ;)

Lisa, oddly my post as disappeared :lol:

Now make urs disappear........:D

• Like 1

After 12 heats the track could have taken 1 more race. Should have stuck all 3 in a run off 

34 minutes ago, longmeadow said:

The 2022 British Championship Trophy

Whats that lol

54 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Couldn't they have selected the rider with the fastest time.

Ellis was interviewed on Eurosport and being given the Wildcard and I'm pretty sure he said that was mentioned but the riders didn't agree with that idea

1 minute ago, hammer1969 said:

Ellis was interviewed on Eurosport and being given the Wildcard and I'm pretty sure he said that was mentioned but the riders didn't agree with that idea

OK thanks

17 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

He said the majority of riders

Edited by iainb

But for a broken clip dave Jessup was very unlucky in I think it was the 81 world final so I think he deserves the wild card for cardiff, failing that I have my weslake ready for the Isle of Wight next Thursday, I’m sure I could squeeze cardiff in on the Saturday too although I might have to give practice a miss as I’m working on the Friday 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

But for a broken clip dave Jessup was very unlucky in I think it was the 81 world final so I think he deserves the wild card for cardiff, failing that I have my weslake ready for the Isle of Wight next Thursday, I’m sure I could squeeze cardiff in on the Saturday too although I might have to give practice a miss as I’m working on the Friday 

And you can take the family... result!

• Like 1