British Speedway Forum

As it is no longer a qualification route to the world championships, then it is merely an 'open' event and therefore the BSPA can have whoever they like in it.  Inevitably there would also need to be agreement reached on the money on offer to those competing. 

On 7/2/2022 at 8:39 AM, Bagpuss said:

I'm sure I remember somebody asking Lambert on social media last year why he wasn't in the British Final and his reply was that he 'wasn't asked'.

If I remember rightly the story was that Lambert was asked but turned it down. so the following season he was not asked.

So, no Lambert, no Tai... one wonders whether they were asked again as Bewley said he only found out he was in it when it was announced on Eurosport, I assume he wasn't joking

9 hours ago, iainb said:

So, no Lambert, no Tai... one wonders whether they were asked again as Bewley said he only found out he was in it when it was announced on Eurosport, I assume he wasn't joking

I know Bewley had said he wanted to ride the British Final this year, and Adam Ellis also confirmed Bewley would be riding on the podcast. Guessing it was just the official confirmation that Dan didn't know about, so I doubt it was a big surprise to him.

Still a bit weird that he found out that way, though. Guessing that shows the levels of organisation!

• Like 1

Glad that the train strike is not on the 1st Aug - So weather permitting all should be good. #BewleyBewleyBewley 

May have to get someone else to replace Barker if the rumours are true about him failing a drug test? 

10 hours ago, SPD444 said:

So Barker is suspended and Cookie is injured who will replace them?

Tom Brennan comes into replace Ben Barker.

3 minutes ago, screm said:

Tom Brennan comes into replace Ben Barker.

Brennan was already in the meeting it’s Danyon Hume that is replacing Barker.

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Brennan was already in the meeting it’s Danyon Hume that is replacing Barker.

I stand corrected, thank you.

Would some kind person post the line up please.

The official GB site is either not working/not updated or crap (delete as appropriate) or I’m banned.

thanks 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Would some kind person post the line up please.

The official GB site is either not working/not updated or crap (delete as appropriate) or I’m banned.

thanks 

1. Craig Cook 2. Leon Flint 3. Chris Harris 4. Steve Worrall 5. Kyle Howarth 6. Dan Bewley 7. Paul Starke 8. Danyon Hume 9. Charles Wright 10. Lewis Kerr 11. Richard Lawson 12. Richie Worrall 13. Danny King 14. Scott Nicholls 15. Adam Ellis 16. Tom Brennan. Reserve: Connor Mountain