British Speedway Forum
Jaizer

Stripes (Glasgow) Vs Oxford champ 17th June

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

I do wish Scott Nicholls would do a victory lap once in a while when he wins a race!

Tbf I thought that about Richie Worrall at Poole last Weds! 

• Like 1

Josh McDonald must be most unlucky rider since Mitch Davey. Hope he's ok 

• Like 1

Seems a tiny bit insensitive to play The Chain after Josh MacDonald's fall in heat 14!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf I thought that about Richie Worrall at Poole last Weds! 

If it was down to me I'd make every rider do a victory lap after winning a race, it beats watching the tractor go around the track.

It also amazes me how many people in the crowd don't applaud a rider when they do come round on a victory lap... they're often too busy filling their programmes in!

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

Not the best meeting of the season but good win and heat 15 was very entertaining.

I think maybe time take the pressure off Tom switch him with ulle or basso.

Hope all ok with cookie, very subdued tonight 

10 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Not the best meeting of the season but good win and heat 15 was very entertaining.

I think maybe time take the pressure off Tom switch him with ulle or basso.

Hope all ok with cookie, very subdued tonight 

Cook has been a bit subdued most of the season,( for him)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Cook has been a bit subdued most of the season,( for him)

I said a while back form is temporary but he just doesn’t look himself for whatever reason.

He looks like his mind is elsewhere for most of this season and the latter part of last , here’s hoping things are ok with him and we get the real Cookie back soon.

• Like 1

What about basso though? Haven't seen anyone throw the bike into the bends and clip the fence since peak George stancl. Great to watch even out in front 

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

What about basso though? Haven't seen anyone throw the bike into the bends and clip the fence since peak George stancl. Great to watch even out in front 

Your not wrong except for the Stancl bit his bike never usually made it to the fence.

These youngster’s have no fear or respect for reputations he is going to the top a pleasure to watch his track craft at such a young age.

Just now, Gazc said:

Your not wrong except for the Stancl bit his bike never usually made it to the fence.

These youngster’s have no fear or respect for reputations he is going to the top a pleasure to watch his track craft at such a young age.

He did if Andre Compton was outside him lol.

Now he's dialled in absolutely spectacular, great to watch 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

He did if Andre Compton was outside him lol.

Now he's dialled in absolutely spectacular, great to watch 

George always had a spare set of Kevlars when Andre was in the same meeting. 

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Great meeting, and a decent choice for BSN to come. Basso shone from the start and Broc looks like he is turning the corner. Typical of Summers to put in a shift like that, we waited all of 2017 for one of those. Dishington too soft with Batch in ht9. Sarj tried the same once with Jim MacGregor and the bikes almost ran him over on the next lap before he put the red lights on.

Cook cant ride next week the way he did tonight. His off was unlucky but otherwise not really gating and lacking speed, or is it desire. Wish we could help him in some way.

Edited by MD

6 minutes ago, MD said:

Great meeting, and a decent choice for BSN to come. Basso shone from the start and Broc looks like he is turning the corner. Typical of Summers to put in a shift like that, we waited all of 2017 for one of those. Dishington too soft with Batch in ht9. Sarj tried the same once with Jim MacGregor and the bikes almost ran him over on the next lap before he put the red lights on.

Cook cant ride next week the way he did tonight. His off was unlucky but otherwise not really gating and lacking speed, or is it desire. Wish we could help him in some way.

Just a minor thought, but maybe time to stop him riding with the weakest 2nd string? Particularly away from home.

9 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Just a minor thought, but maybe time to stop him riding with the weakest 2nd string? Particularly away from home.

Tough for weakest second string to be at 4 though! I think they definitely need H8. 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Tough for weakest second string to be at 4 though! I think they definitely need H8. 

I'd put them at 3, so don't have weak 14. Like I said just thinking out loud how to get best out of him again 

• Like 1