British Speedway Forum
Gambo

Championship Riders Final

10 minutes ago, Neila said:

Can't see it attracting many traveling fans whenever it is scheduled for. Due to the escalating price of petrol 

I would assume it will streamed anyway either on BSN or Poole's one..? 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Not as good as being there but I agree

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Wouldn't give Poole my money !! But subscribe to BSN so hopefully will get broadcast 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Neila said:

Wouldn't give Poole my money !! But subscribe to BSN so hopefully will get broadcast 

Have a feeling like the premiership pairs it will be an added extra, probably need to pay for independently of the subscription 

You’ve got a national speedway stadium which is slap bang in the middle of the country. Bosh!!!!!!!!! Job done , all supporters don’t have as far to travel and invest the gate monies or profits back into British speedway. not rocket science is it 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Stuntdouble said:

You’ve got a national speedway stadium which is slap bang in the middle of the country. Bosh!!!!!!!!! Job done , all supporters don’t have as far to travel and invest the gate monies or profits back into British speedway. not rocket science is it 

The NSS is more central, but it's still a long way from a lot of tracks. Wherever it's held, a live stream would be the best option.

3 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The NSS is more central, but it's still a long way from a lot of tracks. Wherever it's held, a live stream would be the best option.

Speedway just isnt the same on a stream/tv though!!!  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The best option for who?   At the end of the day, this -- and every other meeting -- has to attract a paying turnstile attendance to pay its way, and hopefully turn a profit.   

If we start designing meetings to run for streaming, rather than the live audience, we wont last long as a public sporting entertaiment.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

The best option for who?   At the end of the day, this -- and every other meeting -- has to attract a paying turnstile attendance to pay its way, and hopefully turn a profit.   

If we start designing meetings to run for streaming, rather than the live audience, we wont last long as a public sporting entertaiment.

Surely the most beneficial thing to do would be copy what Edinburgh do and only allow fans who are so many miles away from the stadium to buy the stream?

• Like 1

Needs to go back to Wimbledon happy days 

11 hours ago, Stuntdouble said:

Manchester is right up north. Not central at all. Holding the event at a neutral venue will not attract many local fans. Holding at Poole will guarantee a pretty full stadium just from the locals. Add in many travelling fans for a day out at the UKs premier resort will pack the place out. 

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Manchester is right up north. Not central at all. Holding the event at a neutral venue will not attract many local fans. Holding at Poole will guarantee a pretty full stadium just from the locals. Add in many travelling fans for a day out at the UKs premier resort will pack the place out. 

Right up north?! :lol: Manchester isn’t right up north… Newcastle northwards is right up north! 

you say holding it at a neutral venue wouldn’t attract many locals… there was never a problem with crowds when Peterborough have held 4TT’s at their track… Poole will have mainly locals filling up their stadium but it’s still a poor choice when you consider the fans from the real north… Edinburgh, Berwick, Glasgow, Redcar etc… teams that have fans that normally come out in good amounts for the tournaments! 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Right up north?! :lol: Manchester isn’t right up north… Newcastle northwards is right up north! 

I used to have family in Swindon and they considered I was "up north".....
in Coventry!

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not as far north as Poole is South!!! Given majority of championship clubs are Northern now I doubt you'll find much more than a few away fans from each club and huge majority of home fans. Not exactly what these events were supposed to be about. As said before the 4s at Peterborough was always well attended and a great day out.