British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Wolves - Mon 11th July

Panthers with it all to do again Monday and with RR for Palm Toft.

Wolves have slipped a bit lately but it still looks a tight match as they have several riders that like the Showground track.

Teams

PETERBOROUGH: Chris Harris. Ulrich Ostergaard, Michael Palm Toft r/r, Scott Nicholls, Hans Andersen, Benjamin Basso, Jordan Jenkins.
WOLVERHAMPTON: Sam Masters, Steve Worrall, Luke Becker, Ryan Douglas, Nick Morris, Drew Kemp, Leon Flint.

Panthers need to win this meeting to keep any interest in there season alive for now , let alone stay in with a chance of the play offs

Beaten easily by 10 in the A fixture even with Chris Harris getting an 18pt max on the night  , 

Going to be another long hard struggle and if either Harris or Basso are not totally on the pace it could easily be another very disappointing night for Panther fans 

Edited by scoobydoo

After not going to Redcar Friday I'm now not bothering with this, sign of the times. Petrol, heat, roads, cost of food and to get in plus getting old lol. At least I could stream Fridays. £11.99 better than nothing for the club's maybe 

• Like 1

Kemp and Flint are obviously Wolves achilles at present ,so you can't  see Basso dropping any points there.            But the two Wolves boys are well capable of getting the better of Jenkins.MPT a big loss for the Panthers so Wolves just scraping it for me.

Edited by Tommy Sweetman
Missed text

13 hours ago, bruno said:

After not going to Redcar Friday I'm now not bothering with this, sign of the times. Petrol, heat, roads, cost of food and to get in plus getting old lol. At least I could stream Fridays. £11.99 better than nothing for the club's maybe 

Might not be around for much longer... get down there while you can!

11 hours ago, Flappy said:

How fit is Andersen?

How fit are Bomber's engines?!?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, iainb said:

How fit are Bomber's engines?!?

"One careful owner, never raced or rallied".... according to the advert! :D

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Flappy said:

How fit is Andersen?

Could be very hard to determine if hes carrying an injury with his recent form 

40 minutes ago, iainb said:

Might not be around for much longer... get down there while you can!

Good point: 5 and counting! - if you need to save money there'll be plenty of opportunity after Sept 15 & beyond.

• Like 2

If Hans and Scott (lesser so) can up their game we will win..if not we lose, simple as that. I feel sorry for the lad at reserve, can't be good for his confidence keep turning up and getting zero's every week but no other options we are told.

Edited by chrismorton

19 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

If Hans and Scott (lesser so) can up their game we will win..if not we lose, simple as that. I feel sorry for the lad at reserve, can't be good for his confidence keep turning up and getting zero's every week but no other options we are told.

If it’s any consolation I have heard they are dropping the RS slot next year

21 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

If it’s any consolation I have heard they are dropping the RS slot next year

Have you heard whether that will be relevant to us (ie Panthers) in 2023?

13 hours ago, Flappy said:

How fit is Andersen?

His hand looked quite swollen the other day but looks like he is riding, going by his Instagram stories (his last story was at the airport).