British Speedway Forum

46 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Thought it was called the Mickey Mouse trophy.

Its full name is the "We need some more fixtures that we can pretend are meaningful Trophy"

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Turnip said:

They'll av to change the name to Winter Trophy with the way British Speedway is run.

And wots happend to the KO Cup? Leicester still haven't raced the Quarter Final 2nd leg at Scunny yet! Not that they need to! 

Scunthorpe have had plenty of blank Fridays, so don't know what the 2nd leg hasn't been raced yet.

Perhaps Scunthorpe know they will get knocked out by Leicester & won't make the play-offs, so are wanting to hold this meeting later on to make their season last longer?

I can just picture it now though, lots of blank days during the season & finals still raced at the end of October!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Scunthorpe have had plenty of blank Fridays, so don't know what the 2nd leg hasn't been raced yet.

Perhaps Scunthorpe know they will get knocked out by Leicester & won't make the play-offs, so are wanting to hold this meeting later on to make their season last longer?

I can just picture it now though, lots of blank days during the season & finals still raced at the end of October!

maybe waiting for a Leicester injury crisis?

Didn't there used to be a Premier Trophy like this at the start of the season when it was the premier league so surely this should be called the Championship Trophy.

• Like 1

Just race each other 4 times as in Premier.

22 hours ago, Turnip said:

They'll av to change the name to Winter Trophy with the way British Speedway is run.

And wots happend to the KO Cup? Leicester still haven't raced the Quarter Final 2nd leg at Scunny yet! Not that they need to! 

Leicester are waiting for a date from Scunthorpe . The blank dates Scunthorpe have had are due to rider availability .  Also Mr  Godfrey doesn’t want the same team there twice in quick succession. Leicester are at Scunthorpe in the Jubilee Trophy next Friday so I think it will be 26th August

Edited by Lenny Lion
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, eric i said:

Didn't there used to be a Premier Trophy like this at the start of the season when it was the premier league so surely this should be called the Championship Trophy.

A competition with the format of regional mini leagues followed by a final (and usually semi-finals) has been held in the second tier every year since 1997 with the exception of 2003, 2011,2017, 2020, 2021. The first three due to longer league programmes, the last two covid.

The competition is on its sixth name:

Knock-out Cup (despite most of the fixtures involving no-one being knocked out)

National Trophy

Premier Trophy

League Cup

Championship Shield

and now

Jubilee League

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny Lion said:

Leicester are waiting for a date from Scunthorpe . The blank dates Scunthorpe have had are due to rider availability .  Also Mr  Godfrey doesn’t want the same team there twice in quick succession. Leicester are at Scunthorpe in the Jubilee Trophy next Friday so I think it will be 26th August

Thanks :t: I'm not a Lions fan but go to most of their home meets with me Lions mates, c'mon the PIRATES! :D

3 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

Redcar said there re arranged home fixture v Scunthorpe on 26th august 

56 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Can tac subs be used in the Jubilee Trophy?

Yes, Birmingham used one last night Ht14

4 hours ago, Biffa said:

Can tac subs be used in the Jubilee Trophy?

They should be.  Not aggregate scoring.