British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Plymouth v Poole; Jubilee League; Tues 19th July

So I'll start this thread as the Pirates website has already posted their preview.

Poole expect to line up at full strength with their usual 1-7  and are wondering what reception the team in general and Richard Lawson in particular will get?

No team or guest news from the Gladiators yet as I assume there are still doubts over MPT as well as Hans (last night's Premiership withdrawal!), and as well as the ongoing Kennett absence 'facility'.

I hope the vandalism that took place at the Coliseum on Wednesday doesn't affect Plymouth's ability to host the fixture....?  As I understand it a large water bowser was destroyed, just when its likely to be needed on the 'hottest day of the year so far'!

Thoughts?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So I'll start this thread as the Pirates website has already posted their preview.

Poole expect to line up at full strength with their usual 1-7  and are wondering what reception the team in general and Richard Lawson in particular will get?

No team or guest news from the Gladiators yet as I assume there are still doubts over MPT as well as Hans (last night's Premiership withdrawal!), and as well as the ongoing Kennett absence 'facility'.

I hope the vandalism that took place at the Coliseum on Wednesday doesn't affect Plymouth's ability to host the fixture....?  As I understand it a large water bowser was destroyed, just when its likely to be needed on the 'hottest day of the year so far'!

Thoughts?

Alright Skidder, it is only Friday!! Maybe they haven't booked their guests in yet.

On Met Office says 24 degrees for Plymouth, so shouldn't get 'hotted' off or 'heated' off .

Score wise Plymouth to win but how much by depends on who is guesting. 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Alright Skidder, it is only Friday!! Maybe they haven't booked their guests in yet.

On Met Office says 24 degrees for Plymouth, so shouldn't get 'hotted' off or 'heated' off .

Score wise Plymouth to win but how much by depends on who is guesting. 

Thought teams were supposed to logged 48 hours before fixture

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Thoughts?

What's the point of a preview when you've no idea of one of the teams. Totally pointless. 

Monday is perfectly soon enough. 

As for Lawson he should have been banned for dangerous Riding based on video evidence. 

He deserves a welcome fit for a villain within sensible a tiins though. 

Having been to Plymouth a few times they seem to have more track kit than most so I doubt it'll be an issue, certainly not the issues us Brummies had. 

I'm sure most neutrals will be cheering for Plymouth 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sugarray said:

Thought teams were supposed to logged 48 hours before fixture

So that would be Sunday? 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HGould said:

What's the point of a preview when you've no idea of one of the teams. Totally pointless. 

As for Lawson he should have been banned for dangerous Riding based on video evidence. 

He deserves a welcome fit for a villain within sensible a tiins though. 

Having been to Plymouth a few times they seem to have more track kit than most so I doubt it'll be an issue, certainly not the issues us Brummies had. 

I'm sure most neutrals will be cheering for Plymouth 

Won't bother Poole, been hated for a loooonnnggg time. If you want to scare them, cheer them! That will really mess their head up lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Thoughts?

I think you're previous

• Like 1

Want to see the same fighting spirit we showed on Wednesday continue at Plymouth. Everyone knows you have to gate and hold the lead into the third bend and you are more or less home and hosed at the Coliseum. Unless you are Chris Harris.

Will be buying the stream.

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Want to see the same fighting spirit we showed on Wednesday continue at Plymouth. Everyone knows you have to gate and hold the lead into the third bend and you are more or less home and hosed at the Coliseum. Unless you are Chris Harris.

Will be buying the stream.

The funny thing is one of the main reasons for voting to move to the Championship was because in one season in the Premiership we facing Swindon 4 times at home and 4 times away and guess what? If we meet in the playoffs we will face Plymouth 4 times at home and 4 times away! lol. 

I prob will buy the stream but I'm kinda thinking, I've already watched us twice there already! 

We need all the money we can Lisa at the moment after the damage caused midweek it was unbelievable honestly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, HGould said:

Exactly.

3 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

We need all the money we can Lisa at the moment after the damage caused midweek it was unbelievable honestly.

Okay, sold! ;) I didn't know anything had happened til Skidder said at beginning of this thread. 

Please can we have a closer meeting though? That would be great! Thanks :t:;)

I will be on holiday in Devon so am popping along to this for my first visit to Plymouth.

I will have my Leicester programme board and a dog so come and say hello.

• Like 2

Looks like Andersen dislocated his shoulder for Peterborough so that could be another guest unless he has the powers of amazing recovery but I can’t  imagine a tight technical track like ours will help that and thank you to Lisa for buying the stream and anyone else who does as we all moan and gripe on here which is great to read even if we don’t all agree with each other but in the end of the day we are all speedway fans and if we don’t all stick together and help each other out when we can we as a sport and fans will keep losing clubs ,that doesn’t mean I’m not going to boo Lawson though lol .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Looks like Andersen dislocated his shoulder for Peterborough so that could be another guest unless he has the powers of amazing recovery but I can’t  imagine a tight technical track like ours will help that and thank you to Lisa for buying the stream and anyone else who does as we all moan and gripe on here which is great to read even if we don’t all agree with each other but in the end of the day we are all speedway fans and if we don’t all stick together and help each other out when we can we as a sport and fans will keep losing clubs ,that doesn’t mean I’m not going to boo Lawson though lol .

Just be careful as he has said the booing will just spur him on! ;)

• Like 1