British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Purplepanthernotred

Wolves vs Harris & Basso ( Panthers )

Personally I think good weather will still attract a very decent crowd..

Gone are the days of too many within any clubs' support taking it "too seriously", which helps maintain crowd levels on evenings like this I would suggest...

If you are still attending regularly nowadays then you have become pretty much "immune" to what tries to be passed off as a "proper team sport", so will be there come hell or high water..

And a good night weather wise will 100% guaranteed bring out some of the many thousands who dont attend regularly, but still follow the sport at a local and national level..

My lad has a game tonight or I would have been at the NSS given it's going to be a nice evening and Jason Doyle is always worth watching..

The teams put together, and the result, will both be what they will be, but the racing will I am sure be great to watch..

And with Bomber and Basso at Monmore tonight then I am sure several races there will be more than decent enough to pay in to watch...

Given the speed with which some clubs cancel meetings, due to some rain maybe being in the air or some stadium issue or another, surely the fact that one team is so decimated, to the point it will no longer be a contest, should be an equally valid reason to postpone.  Even more so given that it is the fans, rather than the home promoter who will be missing out (although you could argue for increased pay bill and slightly depleted crowd)

Edited by SPEEDY69

2 hours ago, Lefty said:

Is he considering watching: West Bromwich v Watford instead? :rolleyes:

Shame on you using that swear word :D

Should be ashamed to field this team. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Shame on you using that swear word :D

Agree never liked Watford

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Can you pay by card at the turnstile? Or do you need cash?

I think you can do card and cash.

• Like 1

According to the club's Twitter feed you can pay by card or in cash.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 3:42 PM, Redpanther said:

I am actually pretty appalled by the sheer lack of effort made by Peterborough management this season, not one single sh*t seems too be given. 

Jordan jenkins in the top 5 says it all, that’s nothing against the lad, fantastic effort for Berwick the other day, just says a lot about the management with some of these decisions this season. It’s embarrassing, and a pretty shocking way too treat loyal fans. 

Not happy at all. Big wolves win 

58-32

I get what you're saying but who else could they have had ?? as every team are racing on the same night so they couldn't get a guest from any of those teams

Lets just support the team cos we might not get to see them race after this season

30 minutes ago, Redandblackattack said:

I get what you're saying but who else could they have had ?? as every team are racing on the same night so they couldn't get a guest from any of those teams

Lets just support the team cos we might not get to see them race after this season

Should of made changes way before now, that’s my point, so I’m situations like these we are left with slim pickings 

1 hour ago, Redandblackattack said:

They are racing next season main sponsor is telling everyone that'll listen that they'll be at the tapes in march at the eoes 

70+ incoming at this rate.

Not surprising at all considering the team we've put out.

6 hours ago, mikebv said:

Personally I think good weather will still attract a very decent crowd..

Gone are the days of too many within any clubs' support taking it "too seriously", which helps maintain crowd levels on evenings like this I would suggest...

If you are still attending regularly nowadays then you have become pretty much "immune" to what tries to be passed off as a "proper team sport", so will be there come hell or high water..

And a good night weather wise will 100% guaranteed bring out some of the many thousands who dont attend regularly, but still follow the sport at a local and national level..

My lad has a game tonight or I would have been at the NSS given it's going to be a nice evening and Jason Doyle is always worth watching..

The teams put together, and the result, will both be what they will be, but the racing will I am sure be great to watch..

And with Bomber and Basso at Monmore tonight then I am sure several races there will be more than decent enough to pay in to watch...

You still think that mate?