British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Wroclaw GP Saturday August 27th

Watched the GP in a Workington working man's club, about 15 blokes having a good nite out, come the final we made that much noise another 10 people came into the room to see what was going on !! Imo Dan bewley a future world champion 

• Like 2

Bewley did it again, this time he kicked the Poles backsides in their own backyard.  Look out Smarzlik, Dan Bewley is coming to get you !...

Edited by martinmauger
Bartosz spelling
  • Like 2

A week ago, I made the observation that Lambert could qualify on merit for next year's series, only being 8 points off 6th. Now, he is just 2 points out, and another performance or two like yesterday, and he's in!

• Like 2

Great result by Dan Bewley and Rob Lambert with two Brits in the top three of the GP.

Not such a good result from the British Speedway site, who couldn't even be bothered to put the result on the site last night, let alone a short report. It shows how disinterested the BSPL are in the World Championship and British Riders riding in it.

I bet Eurosport and Discovery are really pleased with the BSPL attitude to spreading the word in their quest to take speedway wider horizons.

Good luck to all the Brits racing in Poland, you are on your own, until of course it suits BSPL!!

Dans the man, I said it on the opening night of the Colts back in 2016, and I'll say it again. Dan Bewley GB's next Speedway World Champion.

39 minutes ago, LesR said:

Great result by Dan Bewley and Rob Lambert with two Brits in the top three of the GP.

Not such a good result from the British Speedway site, who couldn't even be bothered to put the result on the site last night, let alone a short report. It shows how disinterested the BSPL are in the World Championship and British Riders riding in it.

I bet Eurosport and Discovery are really pleased with the BSPL attitude to spreading the word in their quest to take speedway wider horizons.

Good luck to all the Brits racing in Poland, you are on your own, until of course it suits BSPL!!

Why would BSPL have to promote Discovery events? Do Dan, Tai & Robert ride in the British Leagues?

2 hours ago, chunky said:

A week ago, I made the observation that Lambert could qualify on merit for next year's series, only being 8 points off 6th. Now, he is just 2 points out, and another performance or two like yesterday, and he's in!

With a round to come at his home track in Torun.

He looked a completely different rider last night to Cardiff and but for a couple of pieces of misfortune could have had better gate choices in the semi and final. Needs three more rounds like that.

SWC is at Wroclaw in 2023 I believe, no reason why we can't win it with those three spearheading. Exciting times for GB.

Bewley and lambert are definately the future of the Grand Prix series never had any doubts about lamberts quality in the Grand Prix haha 

in all seriousness though he rode very well last night but question marks remain to be seen if he can do it consistently!! Still would  rather lambert in the Grand Prix than fricke Doyle tai etc 

1 hour ago, LesR said:

To be fair they did post it on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/SpeedwayGB/status/1563632925299527680

I fail to see how it was a fabulous night for British Speedway though, it was a fabulous night for British Riders.

... and have you seen the results from the European pairs championships last night? Literally, have you seen them, can't find them anywhere. 

Edited by iainb

1 hour ago, LesR said:

I have said it before but GB speedway team and individual rides in GP, SEC etc are covered by  gbspeedwayteam.com  this includes social media as well. Pointless having unnecessary duplication

9 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I have said it before but GB speedway team and individual rides in GP, SEC etc are covered by  gbspeedwayteam.com  this includes social media as well. Pointless having unnecessary duplication

Sorry R&R but GBSpeedway (including social media) have not reported Dan's latest victory.

1 minute ago, False dawn said:

Sorry R&R but GBSpeedway (including social media) have not reported Dan's latest victory.

See link above

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

See link above

Thanks Iain. I was wrong (again) which is becoming a habit on here for me. It wasn't GBSpeedway, however.

Just now, racers and royals said:

I know !! But they will any minute i would imagine.

It took GBSpeedway 10 days to report Dan's Cardiff victory. 

However, The Official British Speedway Twitter feed, as detailed above, has coverage.
I'm going to stop posting.