British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Redcar. Championship. 17/8/22

22 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Well it's kinda like falling for the trick where a coin is stuck to the floor near the bar in a pub.

Yer wait for folk to try to pick it up then u av a reet laff! :D

Pure genius, I see what you mean now turnip 

• Thanks 1

A Wright Charlie is riding for Bears, let's hope he doesn't run over the inside Kerr-b ! :rofl:

Edited by Turnip

4 minutes ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Pure genius, I see what you mean now turnip 

Always enjoy me trips to Berwick whether with Poole or a random meeting. Always stay over, was at Alannah House when Poole were there, 10/10 b&b. Bomber did us proud ;)

Right c'mon Pirates & Bears fans let's av a Monday sing a long to get us ready for Wednesday...........:party: :cheers:

Edited by Turnip

4 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Right c'mon Pirates & Bears fans let's av a Monday sing a long to get us ready for Wednesday...........

Hopefully all the Sweet Caroline lyrics wont be drowned out by all the 200 kids free whistles!!:t: Especially as PirateCast got the mention and acknowledgement at Cardiff for being the initiators of the Sweet Caroline 'light show' at Poole!!!

Edited by Skidder1

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Hopefully all the Sweet Caroline lyrics wont be drowned out by all the 200 kids free whistles!!:t:

Hopefully not :t:

With it being a kids orientated evening tho the Red Car tune shud be played for the Bears walk on music. That wud be funny ;) nice bit of banter me thinks :D

Edited by Turnip

19 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Hopefully not :t:

With it being a kids orientated evening tho the Red Car tune shud be played for the Bears walk on music. That wud be funny ;) nice bit of banter me thinks :D

Nah, prob be Bare Necessities from Jungle Book.

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Nah, prob be Bare Necessities from Jungle Book.

Will kids of today of heard that one tho? :D

Tell yer somet I can't get that Red Car tune outta me noggin! .......oh heck! :rofl:

55 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Will kids of today of heard that one tho? :D

Tell yer somet I can't get that Red Car tune outta me noggin! .......oh heck! :rofl:

Yeah, they have redone The Jungle Book recently, so I would have thought so. If the DJ won't play the Glasgow song he not gonna play that! lol

Edited by lisa-colette

19 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Adults £10. Concessions £6. Under 16 free. Gates open 6pm.

Should be a big crowd for this one. Thinks it’s on BSN as well.  Pirates need to win this one to keep up the pressure on Glasgow for second spot. Probably too late to get second but no harm in pushing all the way.

Redcar have a good team with Charles Wright and Louis Kerr as their top two. Going to be a hard fought win.

Thoughts?

Apart from the previous noted spelling error ......wink wink......you have made an error on the pricing Steve. I've copied the admission details from the Poole website..........

Announcing the tariffs of £10 for Adults/OAPs & Concessions, £6 for Students with under sixteens benefitting from FREE admission

Please note that oap/concessions are £10, the £6 is for students

:t:

Edited by Turnip

Pirates usual 1 to 7

Redcar (subject to events at Plymouth the night before):  Wright, Riss R/R, Edwards, Andersen, Kerr, Newman, Jenkins.

If a Bear approaches you chuck em one of these :D .......

download.jpeg.9212bed904df868edba139a90327899d.jpeg

Edited by Turnip

Weather forecast looks a bit iffy,hopefully it's not a late call off the Redcar fans won't be happy. 

10 minutes ago, lewy said:

Weather forecast looks a bit iffy,hopefully it's not a late call off the Redcar fans won't be happy. 

It'll all depend on whether Danny can get across the swollen Ford and drain out the middle ditch on the first bend... 90% chance that the place will be flooded and off. 

Bellend will blow his top, should have been called off on Monday so he coukd have gone home from Cardiff

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Well I'd imagine they will leave the decision as late as possible with the events planned & with away support already down there? Dunno, doesn't always work out like that. 

If it's an early call off it needs to before 1030 coz as soon as I step on the London train there's no turning back (will lose more money if I do turn back) & I will lose money on accommodation.

Ere's hoping all goes ahead :t:

yep, i'm leaving at 10am