British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Belle Vue Monday August 22nd POSTPONED

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I can't imagine that would make too much difference seeing as the Play Offs are gone anyway. Just think he doesn't want to lose money and bar sales, it's the sorry state speedway has got itself into nowadays.

On another note can you still pay on the day for the South Stand at Belle Vue? We are up for the weekend and I fancy coming on Monday.

You beat me to it Baggy. Lawson, Worrall and Freddie could of took TJ's rides. Plus Ully, Hans, Scotty Sedgmen are eligible.:blink: Scrap the last bit , would of been RR i guess.;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

Just an observation, but rainfall radar currently shows no rain at all over Norfolk at present and all the forecasts predict minimal rain for this evening. 

Hmm.

2 miles from track and it's been sunny all day. Now clouded over but not a spot of rain so far.

22 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Just an observation, but rainfall radar currently shows no rain at all over Norfolk at present and all the forecasts predict minimal rain for this evening. 

Hmm.

You are right and it was called off far too early for that to be the genuine reason, but the forecast was quite different last night and especially this morning.

Genuine reason isn’t the weather why it’s off think that’s plain to see things is it’s not the first time it’s happened we’ve had faulty  floodlight - burst water pipes and other occasions the weather forecast been iffy - if the weather was going to be bad (and who knows it might still be bad ) I applaud calling off early it does speedway no favours to have what happened at the British final for instance. But as I say come start time it just might be a great decision calling it off 

I suppose  they can re arrange for a cold damp miserable night when the crowds are lower.   Mmm that makes sense 

38 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You are right and it was called off far too early for that to be the genuine reason, but the forecast was quite different last night and especially this morning.

Which is exactly the reason not to call it off so early - forecasts can change!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I suppose  they can re arrange for a cold damp miserable night when the crowds are lower.   Mmm that makes sense 

I expect there will be plenty of pleasant nights in Sept but its another school summer holiday week wasted. Back in our second division days under Jonathan we rode every Wednesday through the summer with themed meetings and the place was awash with kids. Should still be like that now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I expect there will be plenty of pleasant nights in Sept but its another school summer holiday week wasted. Back in our second division days under Jonathan we rode every Wednesday through the summer with themed meetings and the place was awash with kids. Should still be like that now.

Absolutely spot on - Jonathon wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea but he knew how to promote yes his themed  meetings might have been tacky but it got families in to the stadium and importantly children- I seem to remember he had an advertisement banner / poster of a trailer or truck  he used to tow around Hunstanton and around KL and the coast road at this time of the year - bet there is holidaying families in Hunstanton now doesn’t even no about speedway at kings Lynn . 

• Like 3

At the moment the call off looks spectacularly wrong, possibly things may change later.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

At the moment the call off looks spectacularly wrong, possibly things may change later.

Few spots of rain in South Lincolnshire now stopped 

Well i was going to record the Stars on the box tonight, and watch it after the Man U game. Will do the same with the Wolves meeting but will be cracking the gin out now to make the racing look better.;) Don't like little tight tracks. 

On 8/21/2022 at 4:37 PM, Lynnfan91 said:

Postponed way too early once again!! 40-50% very light showers between 3 and 7.... So could even get none at all. I don't think they want to ride

It's becoming a habit calling meetings off a day before, never had this years ago.

• Like 1

Needs to be some rule going forward that meetings being called off based on a forecast should only be allowed on morning of meeting, not day(s) before 

Any reason this wasn't simply pushed back to Thursday as that is an official league night?

• Like 3