British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Roger Jacobs

Wolves v Sheffield - Monday, 22 August

Pretty Good Meeting .

• Like 1

Was Ok... Most of the highlights came via Becker. Musielak & Howarth did enough to get Tigers a point against a lackluster Wolves.

Before the meeting I would have taken a point from this meeting.

So not unhappy with my teams performance.

Surprised to see Masters taking heat 15, hopefully the fall he had won't have caused him further damage to his injury.

Good close match with plenty of good racing... if you didn't like that, you don't like Speedway

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

Good close match with plenty of good racing... if you didn't like that, you don't like Speedway

My goodness, the voice of reason.

8 hours ago, Col said:

Was Ok... Most of the highlights came via Becker. Musielak & Howarth did enough to get Tigers a point against a lackluster Wolves.

Becker has been on fire lately, surprised he doesn't get more guest appearances. 

8 hours ago, Beowulf said:

My goodness, the voice of reason.

Last night was the reason I used to like going to Monmore when Poole were in the top league, usually got good racing like tonight in most meetings. 

• Like 1

All it takes is the right camera angle,s one on bend 2 one on bend 4 u see riders flying down the straights and turning at speed into the corners go stand at any track and see how good it looks.any track where u can lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

As a wolves fan I think the karlson corridor is one of the worst things to ever happen to Wolverhampton speedway, that and the adverse camber on both bends that has appeared in the last few years with around 10ft of unusable track on the outside makes an already technical track just awful, it doesn’t lend itself to racers, it’s just 4 riders trying to stay on the kerb 

Completely agree, wolves used to be a great track when there was the Karlsson corridor AND an outside line. Now the outside line has all but disappeared it's just 4 guys fighting for the kerb most of the time. In the past used to get to around heat 6 and the outside developed and riders could ride the track "big" and then you had some terrific battles. Whilst I understand a lot of the home riders want it how it is now, and I get that winning teams and home advantage etc is important, it has lost a lot of it's entertainment value.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, wtf said:

Completely agree, wolves used to be a great track when there was the Karlsson corridor AND an outside line. Now the outside line has all but disappeared it's just 4 guys fighting for the kerb most of the time. In the past used to get to around heat 6 and the outside developed and riders could ride the track "big" and then you had some terrific battles. Whilst I understand a lot of the home riders want it how it is now, and I get that winning teams and home advantage etc is important, it has lost a lot of it's entertainment value.

The adverse camber is worse than rye house used to be, It never was like that in the past up till about 7 years ago and was quite shocked to see how bad it is today, nothing wrong with the shape of wolves but it only has 3/4 of the bends usable and imo that makes for not great racing 

• Like 2

It was entertaining only because it was close, the racing was typical for Monmore with most races decided by the first corner.

I thought it was a strange decision for Sheffield to use R/R with this match the only one taking place but to be fair  9+1 was a good return, Masters didn’t look or sound fit enough so like Kelvin I was surprised Adams put him into heat 15.

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

All it takes is the right camera angle,s one on bend 2 one on bend 4 u see riders flying down the straights and turning at speed into the corners go stand at any track and see how good it looks.any track where u can lol

Was thinking the exact same thing myself while watching last night. It's a particularly poor camera angle that they use for the majority coverage at Wolves and doesn't show the racing in the best possible way

I know when Glyn Taylor was doing the Wolves track he was going to sort the drop off to the fence on turns 3 and 4. I did the track walk with PK and Fred at PK's testimonial and they said they hoped it would be fixed.

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

I know when Glyn Taylor was doing the Wolves track he was going to sort the drop off to the fence on turns 3 and 4. I did the track walk with PK and Fred at PK's testimonial and they said they hoped it would be fixed.

Yipes, PK Testimonial was 2003 :rolleyes: