British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

Panthers v Stars 25/08/22

2 hours ago, 5 FURROW said:

It ain’t a waste of time it is a local derby and I want Lynn to win 

Suspect you may be in the minority.

27 minutes ago, iainb said:

Is it the rain that was due at KL on Monday night?

It got stuck on the way :D:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Looking at the path the rain is taking there is not a cat in hells chance of this meeting taking place... why do they call meetings off a day in advance based on a forecast of showers and then not call it based on a forecast of prolonged heavy continuous rain? Strange

Edited by iainb
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

Looking at the path the rain is taking there is not a cat in hells chance of this meeting taking place... why do they call meetings off a day in advance based on a forecast of showers and then not call it based on a forecast of prolonged heavy continuous rain? Strange

Just proves that the kings Lynn call off on Sunday night wasn’t based on the forecast ! Especially as it’s the same people involved with both clubs. Definitely suspicious 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

It's only due to rain for a while, afternoon looks fine https://xcweather.co.uk/forecast/peterborough

have you seen the rainfall radar? https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/map/#?map=Rainfall&zoom=8&lon=-0.58&lat=52.15&fcTime=1661376300

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

No, I have had a couple of issues with that before - didn't travel when I should have, so just stick to the one source now.

3 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

No, I have had a couple of issues with that before - didn't travel when I should have, so just stick to the one source now.

I always go by the rain fall radar, it shows what is actually happening and shows which way the weather is actually tracking rather than a forecast, especially for short term weather... different strokes for different folks though

Edited by iainb

2 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

But rainfall radar is a picture of actual rain and not a forecast. Use the animation button to get a sense of how the bands of rain are behaving and you have the best date you could possibly have. 

If I was restricted to one source, it is the one I would use.

I get that, but rain can suddenly disappear off that radar - it doesn't mean all that rain travels in the same direction for ever more.  I guess the best test is standing outside with no hat.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I guess the best test is standing outside with no hat.

... and crossed fingers :D

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Of course. Plus, nobody really wants to finish bottom so there’s that incentive too. 

Not for the Stars because that means that they go another season without a trophy.

• Haha 1

One can only assume they have the track covers on :lol:

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

Not for the Stars because that means that they go another season without a trophy.

League Cup?

I don’t know what it’s like in Panther land, but it’s been raining in Lynn since 6am when it woke me up:unsure: