British Speedway Forum
scoobydoo

Panthers v Tigers 29/08/22

Could they have just used each others Wheels ? where there's a Wheel there's a way 

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Mitas well give up......

Anlas is the tyre used i think these days.

Teams get 9 tyres each at Peterborough (up till this year it was 14) because of the circuit shape and speed, 3 other tracks have the same allocation because they wear tyres more than the other U.K. tracks.

I was told they didn’t have enough tyres left to complete the meeting, most of the riders were wearing a tyre edge down per race.

Tyres are clearly not up to the job, we have had several instances of problems like this at Peterborough in recent years.

• Thanks 1

Couldn't  Greg Hankook get them some tyres?

• Haha 1

Clearly a most unsatisfactory outcome. However I think due credit should be given tom Carl Johnson for going to the announcers box to explain as much as possible the position to the crowd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wealdstone said:

Clearly a most unsatisfactory outcome. However I think due credit should be given tom Carl Johnson for going to the announcers box to explain as much as possible the position to the crowd.

Makes a change...a comms from our lot is as rare as meeting being abandoned due to lack of tyres...I'm done with speedway this year...tinpot sport.

3 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Teams get 9 tyres each at Peterborough (up till this year it was 14) because of the circuit shape and speed, 3 other tracks have the same allocation because they wear tyres more than the other U.K. tracks.

I was told they didn’t have enough tyres left to complete the meeting, most of the riders were wearing a tyre edge down per race.

Tyres are clearly not up to the job, we have had several instances of problems like this at Peterborough in recent years.

Is the 14 you quote in brackets 7 X 2 teams or 14 each ?

i think i come to the conclusion that speedway is being ruin by pricks 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Come on the Skipper said:

Hope the link works ok

that is a problem.

5 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Or track prep caused it..#scrimping

Nicholls had the win in ht 9 but his puncture on the 3rd bend made his exit from 4th slow and Tobi got by. He was fuming afterwards! The tyres are spinning for most of the lap at Peterborough and get too hot. Never had an issue with Mitas. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Is the 14 you quote in brackets 7 X 2 teams or 14 each ?

14 per team, 2 to each rider.

That was reduced this year to 9 per team