British Speedway Forum
scoobydoo

Panthers v Tigers 29/08/22

38 minutes ago, orion said:

i think i come to the conclusion that speedway is being ruin by pricks 

Maybe it was those pricks that punctured the tyres.....?:D

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Difficult to say Tim, a lot of people seem to think it’s down to the quality of the tyres, it’s not the first time we have had tyre problems at Peterborough

Yes maybe- but surely there must have been a reason why each rider had 2 tyres each previously( 1 race per edge = 4 rides) and now 1 tyre each with 4 spare edges under the same circumstances is not nearly enough. I wonder if the BSPA will be brave enough to comment on why 14 tyres used to be available at Peterborough and not now.

Edit from what Neil has just posted maybe it wasn`t 14 last season ?

Edited by racers and royals

The Anlas tyres have been shoddy since they were introduced.  Seen many a rider putting photos  and showing tyres absolutely shot to pieces. 

So is it the tyres or the material that is now used at EofE - remember Zagar moaning about the track shale on Eurosport early season. 

Safety is paramount if the tyres are not up to standard they should be binned completely. Nearly as farcical as the Intercontinental Final at Poole/ 

6 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

British Speedway is in managed decline.

I am not sure the word “managed “ has any place in British Speedway any more.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

British Speedway is in managed decline.

It is all a bit of a complete shambles at times isn't it? ...:D

• Haha 1

I'm guessing its something to do with how much they bladed off the track to make last week's pummeling go ahead...

The picture of basso's tyre to me shows they are of poor quality. The edge he was using was clearly worn but that doesn't mean a whole piece of the tyre should break away from the centre as it seems to have done. 

I’m a tad lost over this. Are riders limited to the amount of tyres they can use?. Do the promoters/team managers allocate tyres?. I expected riders would carry spares in their vans.

46 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

In that case - has cost cutting caused this fiasco !!!

Buy cheap... buy twice

Just now, Lord Skid said:

Unless I am reading it wrong, they should have used the tyres on their spare bikes, which according to the regs should be used in an emergency 

The issue was over the tyres not lasting 1 race not the quantity at the stadium, that's how I understood it. I think whoever posted ran out of tyres on updates may have it wrong

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

The issue was over the tyres not lasting 1 race not the quantity at the stadium, that's how I understood it. I think whoever posted ran out of tyres on updates may have it wrong

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/homepage/

See the match result narrative

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

Carl said there wasn't enough tyres to finish the meeting.