British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Tuesday 6th September - Playoff First Leg - Plymouth v Poole

5 minutes ago, HGould said:

So you could have ridden KOC Final v Redcar or Jubilee Final v Glasgow and Leicester. 

But you prefer to ride Plymouth knowing very few adequate Guests available to them due to Denmark and Alan Grahame meeting. 

Bit shabby that. 

As others have said, perfect example of why the sport needs independent oversight and governance. 

So it's Poole's fault Plymouth have got to have it Tuesday, nothing to do with the bspa ruling 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not until we've done the SF no. By all means but us straight through to the final. Leicester might have a problem with it though lol. 

Then we would be cheating :rofl:

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They have replacements for at least 2 of them. The whole point was having guest for injured riders, so you can't include ones that they have replacements for! 

I'm talking about their original 1-7.....if they were lining up with a fully fit and available Kennett, Barker, Andersen, MPT, Gilkes, Bowtell and whichever signing replaced Atkins then it'd be some tie. Morley and and Complin and Coles are replacements for sure, but with all due respect to them not particularly adequate.

13 minutes ago, HGould said:

So you could have ridden KOC Final v Redcar or Jubilee Final v Glasgow and Leicester. 

But you prefer to ride Plymouth knowing very few adequate Guests available to them due to Denmark and Alan Grahame meeting. 

Bit shabby that. 

As others have said, perfect example of why the sport needs independent oversight and governance. 

You never know, Plymouth might cover the track in straw and set fire to it, one way of getting it cancelled :party:

• Haha 1

There’s no denying Plymouth have been stuffed with injuries. No team could expect to challenge for the title with the bad luck they have had. 

My guess is that Nicholls will be riding for them on Tuesday along with another guest (perhaps R Worrall?) and RR. Morley and Coles at reserve are very decent. But really, if Poole don’t make it through to the semis it will be a very big shock.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

So it's Poole's fault Plymouth have got to have it Tuesday, nothing to do with the bspa ruling 

And no one on the BSPA committee has an interest in Pooles interest ……. ?

again until the sport is independently run it can’t be taken seriously. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There’s no denying Plymouth have been stuffed with injuries. No team could expect to challenge for the title with the bad luck they have had. 

My guess is that Nicholls will be riding for them on Tuesday along with another guest (perhaps R Worrall?) and RR. Morley and Coles at reserve are very decent. But really, if Poole don’t make it through to the semis it will be a very big shock.

Stuffed with injuries/unavailability that’s an understatement ! 

morely will be at number 2 and complin at reserve.  Unfotunalty a change we were forced in to with bowtell injured. As you say morely at 6 and bowtell at 2 makes us a lot stronger again. 

if Poole don’t make it be crazy ! 

Team wise at home we have -

1 - up to 8.82 (Kennet )  - Nicolls - 8.45

2 - Ben Morley

3 - up to 7.51 (Andersen) - Leon Flint - 7.18

4 - up to 7.10 ( MPT) - sedgemen - 7.04 

5 - up to 8.40 (Barker ) - Batchelor - 7.29

6 - Lee complin 

7- Connor Coles 

however I’d assume we would possibly go R/R at 5 and then lose flint and put Batchelor to 3. 

but not a clue, no doubt some of those riders can’t even race. 

surely if Plymouth don't want to race Tuesday they'll call it off due to weather forecast?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Team wise away we have -

1 - up to 8.40 (Kennet )  - 

2 - Ben Morley

3 - up to 7.15 (Andersen) - 

4 - up to 6.76 ( MPT) - summers - 6.67 

5 - up to 8.00 (Barker ) - 

6 - Lee complin 

7- Connor Coles 

only riders over 7 average we can use are - 

Aarnio 7.55

leon Flint - 7.18 

Jake Allen 7.02

batch - 7.29

batch scored 7 from 9 rides as well at Poole.

Aaarnio and Allen by the looks of it not rode Poole this year. 

flint scored 8 from 5.

summers scored 9 from 5

4 minutes ago, stevehone said:

surely if Plymouth don't want to race Tuesday they'll call it off due to weather forecast?

I don't think that would make any difference, the riders that are currently injured I doubt will be back this season. 

43 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Worrall can’t because Leicester are in the playoffs. It’s essentially Berwick, Oxford or Scunny riders. I’m not sure they’d use any of the Birmingham riders, Nielsen maybe but he’d be the only one.

I’d say Ricky Wells would be a fair shout. Knows Plymouth well at least? Ruml another likely guest I’d say but for once I’m actually stumped as to who we are going to use. Just a crying shame with the side that was constructed at the start of the season and who started so strongly, that the season is ending the way it is needing a minimum of three guests for a two legged playoff against one of the strongest teams in the league :( 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doners123 said:

See you fell in to the trap, hiding behind a username it’s easy to say stuff to try get reactions. 

just don’t react. 

Really so your name on your passport is Doners123 is it?
Just face it, your promoter let social media get to him and decided to rant in the star about it and make himself look stupid.

I started watching speedway in the 80s and know more about the sport than the likes of you and Lewy will ever know.

And yes I have rode speedway albeit as an amateur, and for over 12 years I ran a very successful speedway management game which people from all around the world took part in.

your welcome

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, marko said:

Really so your name on your passport is Doners123 is it?
Just face it, your promoter let social media get to him and decided to rant in the star about it and make himself look stupid.

I started watching speedway in the 80s and know more about the sport than the likes of you and Lewy will ever know.

And yes I have rode speedway albeit as an amateur, and for over 12 years I ran a very successful speedway management game which people from all around the world took part in.

your welcome

Tens of millions buy Football Manager and FIFA games , doesn't make any of them Jurgen Klopp.

If you could manage to get your head in to and out of the Dartford Tunnel may be you could enlighten more!

• Haha 1