British Speedway Forum
Odds On

Swindon Stadium

I would like to read the latest 106 agreement to see exactly what was agreed but as I said I cannot find it only 90 odd blank pages where it should be !    
The document above @frigbo submitted doesn’t seem to show that detail maybe it’s an earlier version?

Edited by Toady

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

I suppose the stadium is "operational "because there is greyhound racing ,so it must be "substantialy" complete to do this, why there's no speedway is certainly bewildering 

I suspect crafty Osborne is using the "unviable" pre text to get around the continuation of Speedway at Blunsdon, let's be honest it only takes a few brown envelopes to silence some people ahem! does the cap fit anyone we know ?.

why does he care if its viable or not so long as the rent's paid. Besides it was viable for donkeys years wasn't it? 

If it was to re open the complaints about noise, parking, etc would pour in and that would be that

Edited by ch958

2 hours ago, Toady said:

Thanks for that(didn’t like for obvious reasons)where did you find them ?.I looked at the 106 but it was 96 blank pages.all I could find was this that was suggested before the decisio

These were provided by a local journalist who is doing some digging into the position of the planning conditions.

They're so vague, there's no way SBC could effectively challenge whether they're met or not.

2 hours ago, frigbo said:

These were provided by a local journalist who is doing some digging into the position of the planning conditions.

They're so vague, there's no way SBC could effectively challenge whether they're met or not.

I did wonder as I have looked and couldn’t find them as the 106 is blank now and I do seem to remember looking last year and there was more information along the lines of what the planning dept had recommended (as I copied in my post above) but I never copied it and now it appears to be missing.

Swindon Speedway Update
We have instigated a formal process with the landowner and developer to determine whether breaches have taken place.. The importance of getting the enforcement process legally correct cannot be over stated. 

Breaches of planning can be a criminal issue and whilst investigations are taking place there is limited information that can be put into the public domain so as not to prejudice the case. 

I can only stress how complex the planning history is on this site. Some of the development appears to have been implemented under one consent and some under another – and there are several. This complexity has raised a number of legal technicalities. 

Update this evening from the lead of Swindon Council

2 minutes ago, frigbo said:

Swindon Speedway Update
We have instigated a formal process with the landowner and developer to determine whether breaches have taken place.. The importance of getting the enforcement process legally correct cannot be over stated. 

Breaches of planning can be a criminal issue and whilst investigations are taking place there is limited information that can be put into the public domain so as not to prejudice the case. 

I can only stress how complex the planning history is on this site. Some of the development appears to have been implemented under one consent and some under another – and there are several. This complexity has raised a number of legal technicalities. 

Update this evening from the lead of Swindon Council

Maybe, the plot thickens?

• Like 1

Interestingly enough Torquay United are planning a protest on March 23rd against Uncle Clarke and the way he is running the club.

They are appealing for supporters of other teams to also attend.

I though I would post as Speedway supporters - in particular Swindon fans have heard this rhetoric before - https://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?p=279169&sid=20a07a7fbe98e9570c60e7994d2caa24#p279169

Fair play to Torquay's fans. 

He is playing the none viable card with them too it seems.

As I was reliably informed Russell has finally had his racing licence revoked . Taylor Wimpey being investigated, Orrible Osborne showing his true colours nationally and now this....I know this guarantees nothing but it's a positive at least , ridding the sport of Terry hopefully 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hagonshocker said:

As I was reliably informed Russell has finally had his racing licence revoked . Taylor Wimpey being investigated, Orrible Osborne showing his true colours nationally and now this....I know this guarantees nothing but it's a positive at least , ridding the sport of Terry hopefully 

Your source would appear to be correct.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/24149760.swindon-speedway-major-update-promotional-license-town/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Promotional rights are normally protected for 3 seasons so if you discount the 2020 covid season then this appears to be the case here.

• Like 1