British Speedway Forum
Odds On

Swindon Stadium

6 hours ago, skydog said:

Anyone know the meeting went?

Parish Meeting agreed to submit an objection to the planning application for change of use.

But...

GI also have submitted a statement to the Council which subtly frames the intention of their application differently to a change of use..

On 3/11/2024 at 6:11 PM, Toady said:

Swindon fans should put their comments against Osbournes latest application and insist that the fly be night completes the whole stadium as the original planning permission here https://pa.swindon.gov.uk/publicaccess/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=RWYWO9PT0EE00

Are they worried now that the licence is no longer in the hands of the previous promotion that someone may come along and start up again? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Are they worried now that the licence is no longer in the hands of the previous promotion that someone may come along and start up again? 

There are people who want to. Understandbly, they do not want to enter into an arrangement with good old Clarkey boy...

• Like 1

If the laws of the land are applied Osbourne and Co will be severely reprimanded for the planning breaches and the current application for change of use will be thrown out.

A question for those who may know - With the stadium carpark now built on would it be possible for speedway to restart at Blunsdon stadium without such a facility? - Where would supporters park?

1 hour ago, 25yearfan said:

If the laws of the land are applied Osbourne and Co will be severely reprimanded for the planning breaches and the current application for change of use will be thrown out.

A question for those who may know - With the stadium carpark now built on would it be possible for speedway to restart at Blunsdon stadium without such a facility? - Where would supporters park?

Same as at any other track without parking - on surrounding roads and in public carparks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 25yearfan said:

The only car parking is shown here.https://pa.swindon.gov.uk/publicaccess/files/452688B17DD4932EC24FC9C7D4C3398D/pdf/S_RES_18_0027-ALTERNATIVE_SITE_LAYOUT-771582.pdf

6 hours ago, 25yearfan said:

It would have to be on local business car parking, such as the David Lloyd Centre or somewhere in Groundwell Ind Estate with a park n ride system.

SO can someone run me through this photo taken mid october 2023 at a greyhound meeting. I take it the new build is supposed to be the new stadium stand but what if the cagey people behind the build turn the tables and turn them into apartments?!!! Really hope im wide of the mark but just reading through these pages it seems like Osbourne and co could do anything!!!

IMG_20230930_123827.jpg

Anybody got the GI statement in the Adver?

8 hours ago, speedwaysliders said:

SO can someone run me through this photo taken mid october 2023 at a greyhound meeting. I take it the new build is supposed to be the new stadium stand but what if the cagey people behind the build turn the tables and turn them into apartments?!!! Really hope im wide of the mark but just reading through these pages it seems like Osbourne and co could do anything!!!

IMG_20230930_123827.jpg

It does seem like they have always had a long term plan to deal with any eventuality so who knows? Would laugh my nuts off if someone was to come forward and offer to run Speedway, I'm sure if the council backed them he couldnt refuse.

53 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Anybody got the GI statement in the Adver?

I've got photos of the statement. Too big to upload here though.

• Like 1