British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish GP Malilla Saturday September 17th

Our first visit to Malila for the Swedish GP. Really looking forward to it. What's the Stadium like ? Doesn't look the best but how does the track and racing compare to other GP venues. Just hoping it's not raining !

10 hours ago, Fullmax said:

Our first visit to Malila for the Swedish GP. Really looking forward to it. What's the Stadium like ? Doesn't look the best but how does the track and racing compare to other GP venues. Just hoping it's not raining !

Itā€™s the only current league club i have been to as Gothenburg and Stockholm are the others. Itā€™s a big sports complex right in the middle of a wood, down a long windy track.there have been some terrific GPā€™s there in the past.

• Like 1

The best racing has usually been when there has been heavy rain beforehand andĀ they have re-laid the track in short period of time.Ā 

Mads Hansen now replaces Miskowiak. Weird. Hand injury reported. No idea where and when Misiek got that hand injured and he is in tonight's Lejonen lineup. Time will tell.Ā 

2 hours ago, krompa said:

Mads Hansen now replaces Miskowiak. Weird. Hand injury reported. No idea where and when Misiek got that hand injured and he is in tonight's Lejonen lineup. Time will tell.Ā 

He was involved in the crash with Jamrog last week,maybe after effects.Looked a nasty fall for him but he continued in the meeting.

Edited by Fromafar

On 9/12/2022 at 6:34 PM, Rob B said:

The best racing has usually been when there has been heavy rain beforehand andĀ they have re-laid the track in short period of time.Ā 

Was this the venue where they put down the "HOT" shale one year.Ā 

38 minutes ago, Hackett said:

Was this the venue where they put down the "HOT" shale one year.Ā 

Yes that is quite common in Sweden.

5 hours ago, Rob B said:

Yes that is quite common in Sweden.

Can somebody tell PlymouthĀ :D

• Like 1

Its not shown on Eurosport in the UK, but is there a link to a stream which shows the practice and riders putting in their fastest times for the draw?

5 minutes ago, Bunce said:

Its not shown on Eurosport in the UK, but is there a link to a stream which shows the practice and riders putting in their fastest times for the draw?

It's on the Eurosport app/Discovery+, if you subscribe.

5 hours ago, Noelinho said:

It's on the Eurosport app/Discovery+, if you subscribe.

Thanks, but I think both of those require a subscription to the Sport bit? I have Eurosport on my Sky package and watch the GP's on that, but frustratingly the SGP2 and the practice are not included on the normal Eurosport channel. I downloaded Discovery+ which is free for a year if you are a Sky customer, but the Sport bit costs extra. The same with the Eurosport app, I think that coverage also costs extra which I can't really justify.