British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish GP Malilla Saturday September 17th

12 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Next year Bewley, Lambert and Holder will have improved more. If Freddie can get rid of long covid and Madsen get completely fit and Woffy do what he says he is going to do then it could be a tough season for Zmarzlik.                
No Russians until complete withdrawal from Ukraine, which isn’t going to happen anytime soon.           
Remember the list of riders for next year will, traditionally, be announced within 24 hour of the last GP of the year.

Don’t think Zmarzlik will be losing any sleep over next season.

36 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

They do rip the riders off,but don’t blame the equipment was my thoughts.He’s been riding a bike long enough.He going downhill and has to blame the tuners.If that was the case there would only be one engine tuner that they all want to use.(that is maybe a valid point)

IMO Doyle is done at this level and the jury is out on Tai for me ,Bart is just going to be hard to stop anytime soon barring injury

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FAST GATER said:

IMO Doyle is done at this level and the jury is out on Tai for me ,Bart is just going to be hard to stop anytime soon barring injury

Tai is talking a good story, but like you the jury out out for me too.His league form has been poor this season too.

• Like 1

Woffy could be trying to talk himself into next years gp needs a very good last round along with doyle .if bewley makes the top 6 fricke will be in and they might decide 3 Aussies are too many 

5 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Woffy could be trying to talk himself into next years gp needs a very good last round along with doyle .if bewley makes the top 6 fricke will be in and they might decide 3 Aussies are too many 

It would intersting to see who they would pick between Doyle and Vaculik  ,espiecially if Doyle scored more than Vaculik if  they are out of top 6.Maybe none of them.

13 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It would intersting to see who they would pick between Doyle and Vaculik  ,espiecially if Doyle scored more than Vaculik if  they are out of top 6.Maybe none of them.

IMO they should not give w/cards two years on the spin to anyone except in very special circumstances ,otherwise it under values being in the top six .I know they say it is to keep the standard at it's heighest possible for the GP's but there are some very good riders not in the series .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FAST GATER said:

IMO they should not give w/cards two years on the spin to anyone except in very special circumstances ,otherwise it under values being in the top six .I know they say it is to keep the standard at it's heighest possible for the GP's but there are some very good riders not in the series .

Agree,that’s where the Politics come in though.

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

If that was the case there would only be one engine tuner that they all want to use.(that is maybe a valid point)

that would be Kowalski and i believe he's very picky who he takes on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, r8gdp said:

Think they might have to bring back handicapping just for smarzlik next year like in the craven fundin era lol

Who's this"smarzlik" fella you keep going on about?

Zmarzlik really is a cut above the rest, patently obvious. Indeed the Russians need to return. If Danill Medvedev is still allowed to compete in Tennis, so should these riders. There has to be someone out there to take over the reigns of commentating for the UK viewers. As much as I like Tatum, he’s not a lead anchor. David Rowe a much better option alongside Kelvin for 2023. I actually feel the Polish feed is far better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chunky said:

Who's this"smarzlik" fella you keep going on about?

Sorry that’s how you spell it when you ve had a few beers lol

3 hours ago, Undercover Elephant said:

Zmarzlik really is a cut above the rest, patently obvious. Indeed the Russians need to return. If Danill Medvedev is still allowed to compete in Tennis, so should these riders. There has to be someone out there to take over the reigns of commentating for the UK viewers. As much as I like Tatum, he’s not a lead anchor. David Rowe a much better option alongside Kelvin for 2023. I actually feel the Polish feed is far better.

Nobody needs russians in anything

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Tai is talking a good story, but like you the jury out out for me too.His league form has been poor this season too.

I do get the feeling he is trying to convince himself as much as everyone else by how he is talking...

Where a few years ago he lined up at the tapes against the opposition and you could easily see him winning, or at worst running a second, you now look at him lining up and think "he won't win this and could easily be last"...

Hopefully wrong, but a big ask to even get top 3 I would suggest given how far behind those riders he now is..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, r8gdp said:

Sorry that’s how you spell it when you ve had a few beers lol

Beerz....:D

• Haha 1