British Speedway Forum
TrainDave

Wednesday 7th September - play off - Poole v Plymouth

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why would Poole want to ride on an off race night to appease the opposition? It’s a competition and up to the opposition to put out a competitive team. I am sure they tried to and Gary May is a top bloke and would have done his best to attract riders.

Its worth saying that Plymouth could have avoided Poole had they got their track sorted and beaten Glasgow. Burning straw is not the recommended way to dry out a track. Perhaps investing, like Poole did, in a trackman, might have averted tonights clash.

A well used term north of the border: sporting integrity. Are you genuinely excited about going to watch a procession of 5-1s? 

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Its worth saying that Plymouth could have avoided Poole had they got their track sorted and beaten Glasgow. Burning straw is not the recommended way to dry out a track. Perhaps investing, like Poole did, in a trackman, might have averted tonights clash.

As confirmed by Tom Brennan, Plymouth had the track sorted prior to the Referee sabotaging it. But let’s not let facts get in the way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lewy said:

The epitome of self interest, poole promotion desperate to run this match which let's be honest is a joke match up could result in the demise of Plymouth Speedway. Definitely not in the interest if anyone. 

Unless the rain dictates otherwise, why should Poole call the meeting off? Poole are a highly professional outfit. There's no way they'd go through a season not replacing a rider out since April (Edward Kennett).  That Plymouth did not so has come back to bite them on the bum.  Why is it Poole's fault that Plymouth have not replaced injured and suspended riders? The recent injuries are hard luck, but Kennett's been out since April and Barker since July.

As for the demise of Plymouth Speedway, I doubt if an away loss on a night when only a handful of their diehards are present is going to make much difference.  The call off of the home meeting against Glasgow - complete with the whole farcical situation of setting their own track on fire to the degree where the fire service was called - was far more damaging.  Heaven knows what the non die-hards in the stadium were thinking that night. I hope that Plymouth are back next season.  

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Tell me whose available for them? Sedgy is at Birmingham, so is most of Scunthorpe. You'd need to ask Leon why he's not available. Spud probably not available due to work commitments. Wells allegedly retired. Whose left? Batch probably wanted too much money. Any of them riding abroad...

You have just named  4 who don’t want to ride  another is Etheridge,Cameron Heeps?.Like I said why do they not want to ride.It’s their choice though.It’s a meaningless Challenge match at Birmingham tying up possible guests.All I saying is you can’t blame Poole for wanting to put on a speedway match on their regular race night.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

You have just named  4 who don’t want to ride  another is Etheridge,Cameron Heeps?.Like I said why do they not want to ride.It’s their choice though.

Well it's certainly not because they're riding abroad is it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Well it's certainly not because they're riding abroad is it?

That’s what I asked,why do riders not want to guest.!

36 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

We can blame the Poole track for 2 of the teams injuries this season .

Really?

38 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

We can blame the Poole track for 2 of the teams injuries this season .

Last week your  fans were blaming the opposition.!!

Edited by Fromafar

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

That’s what I asked,why do riders not want to guest.!

Starkey at Birmingham would have been another option. It's strange one I agree as technically are riders who could be available strange don't want the extra meeting

11 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Tell me whose available for them? Sedgy is at Birmingham, so is most of Scunthorpe. You'd need to ask Leon why he's not available. Spud probably not available due to work commitments. Wells allegedly retired. Whose left? Batch probably wanted too much money. Any of them riding abroad...

Who is spud? Wells is useless at Poole bar the very occasional ride. No improvement on who they already have in the team with the exception of Ben Trigger. Don’t think he has ever ridden Poole. Good luck to the lad and heard good reports about him. One for the future.

Flint would have strengthened Plymouth but no idea why he hasn’t taken the booking. Possibly the same reason as Batchelor? £££.

Putting all things aside, Plymouth have had some rotten luck with injuries and it would have been a tight couple of meetings had they been at full strength. But the show goes on. Poole can’t postpone a meeting because of opposition injury issues. There is the possibility of playoff semi finals, play-off final, KO Cup, Jubilee Final all to fit in.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Who is spud? Wells is useless at Poole bar the very occasional ride. No improvement on who they already have in the team with the exception of Ben Trigger. Don’t think he has ever ridden Poole. Good luck to the lad and heard good reports about him. One for the future.

Flint would have strengthened Plymouth but no idea why he hasn’t taken the booking. Possibly the same reason as Batchelor? £££.

Putting all things aside, Plymouth have had some rotten luck with injuries and it would have been a tight couple of meetings had they been at full strength. But the show goes on. Poole can’t postpone a meeting because of opposition injury issues. There is the possibility of playoff semi finals, play-off final, KO Cup, Jubilee Final all to fit in.

Aaron summers.

Don't get me started on the jubilee final!!! Lol

• Like 1

Can’t say I have any sympathy for Plymouth with how they’ve basically cheated with Kennett all season. What goes around comes around as they say.

• Like 2

Typical British speedway really isn’t it! This meeting is a farce. I don’t think any Poole fan will find pleasure in this beat down coming up, including me. 

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Like you say the show goes on.Interesting Poland no guests R/r and own reserves for injuries they just get on with it. It’s bad luck on Plymouth but that’s speedway their will always be injuries.Like has been said Plymouth have been a rider short ALL season that doesn’t help their situation.

Edited by Fromafar

I thought that team mentioned was a joke.... if Poole don't hit 60, something really wrong 

• Sad 1