British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester update

I'm very bored 

1. Nick Morris 10.13 2. Paul Starke 5.05 3. Kyle Howarth 8.88 4. Connor Mountain 4.84 5. Kye Thomson 6.60 6. Jason Edwards 4.29 7. Connor Coles 2.00

Total 41.89

Team 2 

1. Morris 10.13 2. Dan Thomson 5.33 3. Kyle Howarth 8.88 4. Connor Mountain 4.84 5. Troy Bachelor 7.29 6. Joe Thomson 3.00 7.Connor Coles 2.00

Total 41.47

Bases these on updated averages on British speedway website. Which ones better? Kye Thomson rode well at Leicester when he came. Jason Edwards loves riding under Stewart Dickson . And Troy is just a random pick caus he fitted in..

Edited by FishersGate

57 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I'm very bored 

1. Nick Morris 10.13 2. Paul Starke 5.05 3. Kyle Howarth 8.88 4. Connor Mountain 4.84 5. Kye Thomson 6.60 6. Jason Edwards 4.29 7. Connor Coles 2.00

Total 41.89

Team 2 

1. Morris 10.13 2. Dan Thomson 5.33 3. Kyle Howarth 8.88 4. Connor Mountain 4.84 5. Troy Bachelor 7.29 6. Joe Thomson 3.00 7.Connor Coles 2.00

Total 41.47

Bases these on updated averages on British speedway website. Which ones better? Kye Thomson rode well at Leicester when he came. Jason Edwards loves riding under Stewart Dickson . And Troy is just a random pick caus he fitted in..

TBF Batchelor is a 'random pick' wherever he rides?!:t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, FishersGate said:

I'm very bored 

Total 41.89

Team 2 

Total 41.47

Nick Morris will not be with Leicester next season. He is moving up a league in Poland which will not allow him to race regularly in UK on a Saturday night.

14 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Nick Morris will not be with Leicester next season. He is moving up a league in Poland which will not allow him to race regularly in UK on a Saturday night.

He might be another one off to Birmingham then? 

• Like 2

So it appears Leicester can’t even organise an end of season party without getting it wrong !!!!!

It’s just been announced its being held on Friday 14th October let’s be honest it’s highly likely there will be an important match the next day. So I don’t envisage many riders wanting to attend the party when they can’t relax & have a drink because they have a big match the next day where they could be alcohol tested.

The club have had a whole year to organise the party & plan it for when they know its very likely there will be a match the next day clueless !!!!!

The words pi55 up & brewery come to mind.

Edited by Lenny Lion
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

So it appears Leicester can’t even organise an end of season party without getting it wrong !!!!!

It’s just been announced its being held on Friday 14th October let’s be honest it’s highly likely there will be an important match the next day. So I don’t envisage many riders wanting to attend the party when they can’t relax & have a drink because they have a big match the next day where they could be alcohol tested.

The club have had a whole year to organise the party & plan it for when they know its very likely there will be a match the next day clueless !!!!!

The words pi55 up & brewery come to mind.

Bomber to guest at the party?

• Haha 6

32 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Is that moving up to the 2nd division?

40 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Ah but. The word on the street is that the Poles are going to relax their rules next year. So the likes of Nick and Dan the Man could well be riding here as well as in Poland.

For sure, Saturday could be a problem.

Edited by False dawn
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, iainb said:

Bomber to guest at the party?

Or even Kennett 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, iainb said:

Is that moving up to the 2nd division?

Birmingham maybe  in GB! they are looking for decent Heat leaders.

9 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Birmingham maybe  in GB! they are looking for decent Heat leaders.

Yeah, so i understand. But surely Morris isn't moving up to Ekstraliga?

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yeah, so i understand. But surely Morris isn't moving up to Ekstraliga?

No ,he rides in Division 2 in Poland.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

Ah but. The word on the street is that the Poles are going to relax their rules next year. So the likes of Nick and Dan the Man could well be riding here as well as in Poland.

For sure, Saturday could be a problem.

Correct Poland are relaxing their rules around how many countries riders can race in but in return they will have more call on riders I.E if Poland rearrange a fixture for a Tuesday & a rider is due to race at Plymouth , the rider will have to race in Poland.

Saturday night racing will always be an issue with Poland because they like riders to practise the day before & then select a squad for the Sunday. 

41 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Correct Poland are relaxing their rules around how many countries riders can race in but in return they will have more call on riders I.E if Poland rearrange a fixture for a Tuesday & a rider is due to race at Plymouth , the rider will have to race in Poland.

Saturday night racing will always be an issue with Poland because they like riders to practise the day before & then select a squad for the Sunday. 

I am of of the opinion that`s it`s certainly not correct !! I do not expect Poland to relax  their rules anytime soon, and the fact that even the E Winner league and Div 2 over there are paying big bucks it`s understandable that they hold all the aces !!

As has been suggested earlier this season GB could withdraw from the priority arrangement that the ISLB(International speedway league bureau) which the FIM run in connection with the major countries - Poland, Sweden, Denmark and GB. Withdrawing from this arrangement would mean GB would join Czech Rep, Germany etc in not being part of the Polish requirements for Extraleague - 1 other league and E Winner/Div 2 - 2 other leagues. This would mean riders would be free to add riding in GB extra to 1 or 2 extra leagues, but GB would then be left with no priority on any day of the week.

I would like to see a change to the rule from 1/2 other leagues to RIDING  1 or 2 OTHER  meetings a week- this would mean as Sweden and Denmark use a squad system some riders are not used some weeks(Denmark also have a long summer break) which could mean more availability for the UK, although it might mean the UK might also have to go to a squad instead of named 1 to 7. I did mention this suggestion of mine to a FIM official the other week so maybe it might be considered by Poland.

Edited by racers and royals

1 hour ago, Lenny Lion said:

This must be where the changes will be made for Poland to, again, have priority as for Rawicz, who rode home meetings on Saturdays, still had Douglas, Masters & Pickering riding for their British clubs on Fridays. I, also, read into this in Dougies after meeting speech at our last meeting in the clubhouse although he also said if allowed, he would like to ride for Scunthorpe next year. Read into this what you wish but at the end of the year, riders always tell their fans what they hope to hear.