British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric i

Belle Vue 2023?

11 hours ago, iainb said:

I don't get what people's problem is with capacity at the NSS? What is the capacity at Vojens? Prague? Malilla? Torun? Gorzow? Wroclaw? Yes the NSS ain't Cardiff but neither are any of the others I have listed. I would say the NSS (with it's temporary stand) compares perfectly with those others

I presume it is how much it costs to stage...

Used to be £150k plus didnt it?

Dont know if still similar...

Maybe £30 to get in? 

If so, 7500 could be more than enough...

On 9/8/2022 at 8:43 PM, Rob B said:

Track too narrow doesn't meet FIM specs as would have to install additional fence.

I'm not doubting you but this confuses me, when the track was reconstructed last year it was said that it was exactly the same dimensions as it was back in 1997 before closure, and then it was one of the widest tracks you could imagine.

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm not doubting you but this confuses me, when the track was reconstructed last year it was said that it was exactly the same dimensions as it was back in 1997 before closure, and then it was one of the widest tracks you could imagine.

Same width currently but with metal stock car fence. Would have to build additional fence in front of that for speedway plus air fence. More detail in the speedway star article. 

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

Terenzano held several GP’s and unless I  am mistaken, the capacity was only 4,000. Many GP’s over the years have been held in stadia housing less than 10,000.

Vojens tonight was only 12500,Teterow looks small,I’m sure when the World Team Cup was NSS it was 9000-10000 capacity with extra stands.SS hinted today that they would want 10000 to make it pay.Who is subsiding these small venues and poor crowds.They would definitely sell out NSS.

If there was two SGP's in UK - I would probably go to both as I have no local track but with the cost's involved with Cardiff and distance of Manchester from home I would stay at Manchester simply due to logistics.

I guess the timing of the 'indoor' Cardiff round could determine how many might do both?

Hold Cardiff out of season and there might be the demand. Trouble is with 6 Nations in February & March and Autumn Internationals in November I'm not sure when an out of season Cardiff GP could be scheduled.

The Speedway Star 2-page article this last week reckons that Odsal meets UK standards for League speedway but not FIM standards for a GP.

League speedway needs a new Promoter with loads of volunteer helpers - and presumably a healthy bank balance.

Steve Rees (the Bradford stocks promoter was at one time keen to take on the speedway as well) has sold his lease/license although the new people are interested in having speedway on a regular basis. The BSPL continue to be in regular discussions with them - according to the Star article?!

Edited by Skidder1

14 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Vojens tonight was only 12500,Teterow looks small,I’m sure when the World Team Cup was NSS it was 9000-10000 capacity with extra stands.SS hinted today that they would want 10000 to make it pay.Who is subsiding these small venues and poor crowds.They would definitely sell out NSS.

No idea why Vojens came out with that 12,500 number last night, very strange, I was there and was packed at least 18,000 maybe close to 20,000.

3 hours ago, enotian said:

I guess the timing of the 'indoor' Cardiff round could determine how many might do both?

Hold Cardiff out of season and there might be the demand. Trouble is with 6 Nations in February & March and Autumn Internationals in November I'm not sure when an out of season Cardiff GP could be scheduled.

Cardoff is 2nd September in 2023

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

No idea why Vojens came out with that 12,500 number last night, very strange, I was there and was packed at least 18,000 maybe close to 20,000.

Think we all know why if your estimate is correct!