British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

50 minutes ago, Flappy said:

3 race wins at the showground and 4 away last season tells the story. 

I get the impression he still thinks he can do it and I sincerely hope he can but the evidence suggests otherwise.

As for a farewell year, only if he's good enough, let's not forget we're going to be under the points limit to for him in when there's better riders available. 

Why have him when there is better and you will be under the limit.  I was thinking your new owner was gonna come in with a statement team. Look at me I'm a winner. 

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Worrall was definitely in at Peterborough so I wonder what changed? No idea why you’d suddenly take him out and replace him with Andersen, especially when there was no need to average wise. Very strange if true. 

Peterborough will be the strongest team with that line up  As they say holding everyone else up 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Peterborough will be the strongest team with that line up  As they say holding everyone else up 

Nah it makes the play offs. 

21 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Why have him when there is better and you will be under the limit.  I was thinking your new owner was gonna come in with a statement team. Look at me I'm a winner. 

That I don't understand myself. 

It's a team I expect to be very strong at home however but that one signing let's it down as it could've been a team to win the league 

Edited by Flappy

17 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Apart from the mutted Holder links i would of said from whats being constructed team wise Busters still in charge of Peterborough not Tomalin

One minute  It seems Tomalin is buying the land to build a new stadium next minute putting a team out nesrly 2pts under the limit ,don't know what the hell to believe now

• Like 1

I don't think Hans will last that long anyway tbh and I'd expect him to be replaced very early in the season if he starts the season in poor form.

Too many riders available in the Championship as mentioned a few posts back, Kye Thomson, Jonas Knudsen and Marcin Nowak are the standouts.

As far as I am aware all, speculation apart from the  three that have been announced

1 minute ago, wealdstone said:

As far as I am aware all, speculation apart from the  three that have been announced

Correct, although it would be nice if the management named the team asap to stop all the drivel being posted on here

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Wait till Friday people said Carpman

Last time he said that the announcement was made on the Saturday in line with the first two

6 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Last time he said that the announcement was made on the Saturday in line with the first two

He said the weekend for the next announcement. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Correct, although it would be nice if the management named the team asap to stop all the drivel being posted on here

Which of course you aren't forced to read.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chrismorton said:

Please stop mentioning Bachelor...I can't think of anything worse...

You really need to think a bit harder. The prospect of no Peterborough speedway in 2023 was a possibility and the club's future beyond this season is still uncertain, and will be despite any artist impressions which may or may not be forthcoming throughout the year. At this point Batchelor, was he to be named, which is very unlikely IMO but who knows, should be the least of your worries.