British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Could MT have fulfilled his promises if he hadn’t be thwarted ….

• Like 1

Its a sad day again, from that statement looks like there is little hope for the sport in Peterborough 

Interesting statement this, why throw in all the stuff about the future, that was all known anyway.

We are sorry Pedersen has left but keep supporting anyway as we won't be here long

• Like 1

Well that's pretty much all my enthusiam gone. Was all set to go to most of the away matches to make the most of what was probably the final year but f*** it, no point bothering if we're just going to get battered everywhere.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, TTT said:

Nicki was complaining about the track pre-meeting which makes me think he was having second thoughts before the Grudziadz management weighed in.

If you believe Grudziadz have put a stop to Pedersen riding here, then I think you are very mistaken on this one. 

——————

Good to see Peterborough finally make a statement - but begs the question why it’s taken over a week to confirm what most already knew. What an absolute PR disaster - at a time when they say they need support more than ever. They have recognised their shortcomings in communication but I’d bet they do little to nothing to actually combat that in the next few months.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, stevehone said:

Could MT have fulfilled his promises if he hadn’t be thwarted ….

He still could... But where is  the  big  Boro fan with all his promises now ?. I guess its's Busters fault that Big Spuds isn't buying the club he loves and relocate on a 26 acre site that he has reportedly brought :unsure:

Edited by Bald Bloke

If it is the final season then I  can't see us bothering to sign a permanent replacement. It looks like guests to cover for NP

I expect the majority of those guests will be coming from up the A47

• Sad 1

Like I said last year with the current land costs in Peterborough being so high it’s hard for even a money making business to justify buying land in the town let alone a speedway club.

Well that’s 3 racesuits need binning Holders, Worralls and now Pedersens.

Edited by rearingtogo

3 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

If it is the final season then I  can't see us bothering to sign a permanent replacement. It looks like guests to cover for NP

I expect the majority of those guests will be coming from up the A47

Agree and I wouldn't bother splashing out 3-5k a night on a replacement either if I was in Busters shoes knowing the clubs going under within a few months.

“I have to pull out for now and resign, the body is just not fit enough with my injury for the technical British Speedway tracks" :rofl:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Noodles said:

“I have to pull out for now and resign, the body is just not fit enough with my injury for the technical British Speedway tracks" :rofl:

Technical be buggered. Not all. Perhaps Wolverhampton yes.

Edited by rearingtogo
  • Like 1