British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

18 minutes ago, DazS said:

why no one talking about Kim Nielsen

Doesn’t want/need uk racing

• Thanks 1

Worth giving Lambert another call because he's been way off the pace in Poland this year.

Could be down to him not being sharp enough due to a lack of meetings.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

I’d love to live a day in your head 

You wouldn't...

You really wouldn't....:D

28 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Whats Killer up to. Could he be an option ? 

All he’s give you would be another 28 days of R/R grace with him never gracing these shores 

7 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

I see aepg are trying to get deals done with operators for their new leisure village. They haven’t even had planning accepted yet but they hope to have spades in the ground in 18month, surely we can give them another years rent and race next season. 

Their arrogance is astounding to the point of something is beginning to smell. Forget about next season, the track and grandstand will be bulldozed soon after our last meeting IMO.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Mick Bratley said:

Their arrogance is astounding to the point of something is beginning to smell. Forget about next season, the track and grandstand will be bulldozed soon after our last meeting IMO.

I guess the club own the shale and pits etc. will they make us take it all or just trash the place and knock it down like you say. 

I’ve checked aepg out on companies house. They are worth jack all. I don’t understand how a small business like that can even get hold of a place like the eoes

4 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

I'm told the Panthers are waiting for the first GP.

A lot of riders will realise how rusty they are and they will be on the phone to the Panthers.

Kings Lynn are looking for an idiot to join their forum so I have put you forward.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

I see aepg are trying to get deals done with operators for their new leisure village. They haven’t even had planning accepted yet but they hope to have spades in the ground in 18month, surely we can give them another years rent and race next season. 

Ashley Butterfield, chief executive of AEPG, said: “Peterborough is massively under supplied for leisure, fitness, health and wellness and sports."

Well it will be if you get your way. We await sight of the planning application with the retention of Peterborough Speedway or its relocation, at AEPG's cost, elsewhere in line with LP30

“There is a huge need for everything we are doing and we are making sure that is what the council wants to see in Peterborough.

“The appetite of operators is enormous for such activities because they know the demand is there.

“These activities will be incredibly popular for the people of Peterborough.”

“We want this to be something that Peterborough is incredibly proud of and which stands out as unique and UK leading.”

Can't knock him effort :D

18 months and 3 years? That timescale is surprising and give up plenty of hope, but with only 16 weeks of existence left you hope the efforts are seriously ramping up behind the scenes. IF AEPG are allegedly "working closely with Peterborough City Council" then we need to be as well.

5 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

I guess the club own the shale and pits etc. will they make us take it all or just trash the place and knock it down like you say. 

I’ve checked aepg out on companies house. They are worth jack all. I don’t understand how a small business like that can even get hold of a place like the eoes

My understanding is that they haven’t paid a penny for it yet, they only start to pay The East of England Agricultural Society once they begin to build and sell things. Meanwhile (as I understand) they have to pay for the upkeep of The Showground, but I guess they are getting to keep rental from the events that are currently happening. When the events stop there is no income. They’re going to need a big pot of money to maintain The Showground during the period before they start selling buildings/land off, unless of course their planning application gets waved through quickly. I guess they are banking on this happening. Like I said earlier, it’s starting to stink a bit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Ashley Butterfield, chief executive of AEPG, said: “Peterborough is massively under supplied for leisure, fitness, health and wellness and sports."

That is clearly absolute bollocks, I’d like to see their research on that. There are nine fitness, health and wellness businesses within 1.5 miles of the Showground and another five within a fifteen minute drive. For leisure see conference centre and hotel. Yeah, real leisure that is.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mick Bratley said:

All the more reason for the club management and supporters club (and even the BSPA now that they suddenly found a voice with Wolverhampton) to start making a public stink now to ensure that that doesn't happen

5 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

All the more reason for the club management and supporters club (and even the BSPA now that they suddenly found a voice with Wolverhampton) to start making a public stink now to ensure that that doesn't happen

The time for that is when we actually get to see the plans. I don’t know how long the council normally take to validate planning applications but we’re cracking on for three weeks now without see anything.

• Like 1