British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

22 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Unless the Emil deal has set a precedent and made it much simpler for any imaginary laguta deal

I’d have thought it would be more tricky for Laguta than Emil. Wasn’t part of the acceptance for Emil that he’d been living in Poland for a number of years and had Polish citizenship for a number of years? Can the same be said of Laguta? I’ve no idea to be honest. I know he also has Polish citizenship now as well (I think) but don’t know if the length of time he’s had that would be a factor.

Would be awesome if it happened though, we have Leicester in a few weeks at Foxhall! What a meeting that would be..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TTT said:

Because of one meeting at Leicester.

What's his average for 2023 based on the other meetings only? 

Home average just proves my point here tbh.

image.png.023b10920a9f1de1cb1881c1bcf9a039.png

I agree with you regarding worrall, I think flappy said it the other day, you put on form worrall and an on form basso, Ben is the better rider who is more capable,  he’s in his second season and is basically the 2nd heat leader, too much expected of him. Worrall has been around the block long enough, never gunna be anything more than a reserve/2nd string. Yeah he was great at Leicester but bar that?? Got passed nearly every race at home too Bellevue when leading races 

• Like 2

There is definitely some concerning frustration in Rob Lyon's  words in the article,  also it sounds like they tried to get Nicki to change his mind so it seems the decision was his to quit nothing to do with his polish team or the authorities in Poland 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Haha 1

El Bustico next week really is our only chance of any wins as it stands. What's the odds on each team conveniently winning their home meeting (if the gate is fixed of course)

20 hours ago, Haza said:

Expect a call off Truck fest has left the track untraceable - can’t see it now .

100% 

20 hours ago, Haza said:

Expect a call off Truck fest has left the track untraceable - can’t see it now .

How can it be untraceable? Surely it's in the same place it's always been.:D

8 minutes ago, RS50 said:

How can it be untraceable? Surely it's in the same place it's always been.:D

Police investigating.....missing speedway track....answers to name of "Buster"....reward offered for any information.....property developers questioned but only saying "no comment"....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

"There's no doubt Harris would still be a go-to choice when available in the future".. ;)

I am pretty sure he will be available, don't worry about that. ..:D

But, as Fred Pontin used to say...

"Book Early"....:D

21 hours ago, TTT said:

Because of one meeting at Leicester.

What's his average for 2023 based on the other meetings only? 

Home average just proves my point here tbh.

image.png.023b10920a9f1de1cb1881c1bcf9a039.png

You can manipulate the stats anyhow you choose ................. but the "actual" results speak for themselves (yet you continue to make every excuse under the sun for Basso)!!

Apparently DHL have been refused permission for car storage at the showground.

The time to kick up a stink is now 

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Apparently DHL have been refused permission for car storage at the showground.

The time to kick up a stink is now 

Still says awaiting decision on the council planning portal. National Highways have put in a temporary objection though, wanting more detailed traffic studies and information before mid June.

• Like 2

Nicki P quit after two rides again in Poland tonight.

Why on earth did the guy sign for us when he's nowhere near fit enough?

15 minutes ago, TTT said:

Was it pension fund? Well he didn't get none from Buster :) Stick the fork in..

Edited by Bald Bloke

28 minutes ago, TTT said:

The club was equally at fault, if not more so as they didn't need to gamble on an injured 45/46 year old.

If this didn't set alarm bells ringing then I don't know what would:

Pedersen admits that since his last hip fracture, he has had to prepare wisely - I used to run a lot. I like to do it, but at the moment I'm cycling instead. Even though I don't have any pain now, the long term concern is not to cause any damage and not to let my pelvic pain come back. I broke it, which affected my left leg. Everything is in the right place, but now, instead of pushing it while running, it is better to put less pressure on the pelvis by cycling, concludes Nicki Pedersen.

sportowefakty 23/2/23

• Like 1