British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

2 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Hans and Niels are club legends and your comments towards them are distasteful.

Have you forgotten about the 2006 Elite League season? Hans won us the title.

Another classic from basso who never fails to retain the village idiot title.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hackney said:

Another classic from basso who never fails to retain the village idiot title.

Too stupid to be a village idiot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Sadly for you Richie is top of your teams  league averages so far this season on 6.11.

He is indeed...:)

2023 AVERAGES M R P B GSA Ave. 1st 2nd 3rd 4th R Ex
Richie Worrall 4 19 29 2 6.11 6.53 4 5 7 3 0 0
Niels-Kristian Iversen 5 25 38 1 6.08 6.24 4 9 8 2 2 0
Hans Andersen 6 28 36 7 5.14 6.14 5 5 11 5 2 0
Benjamin Basso 6 29 34 3 4.69 5.10 4 8 6 6 2 3
Ben Cook 6 30 34 6 4.53 5.33 3 8 9 10 0 0
Jordan Jenkins 5 20 20 7 4.00 5.40 2 3 8 5 2 0

35 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

He is indeed...:)

2023 AVERAGES M R P B GSA Ave. 1st 2nd 3rd 4th R Ex
Richie Worrall 4 19 29 2 6.11 6.53 4 5 7 3 0 0
Niels-Kristian Iversen 5 25 38 1 6.08 6.24 4 9 8 2 2 0
Hans Andersen 6 28 36 7 5.14 6.14 5 5 11 5 2 0
Benjamin Basso 6 29 34 3 4.69 5.10 4 8 6 6 2 3
Ben Cook 6 30 34 6 4.53 5.33 3 8 9 10 0 0
Jordan Jenkins 5 20 20 7 4.00 5.40 2 3 8 5 2 0

Nicki Pedersen 0.00

I'm surprised Basso is so low? Has he really been that bad?

8 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Nicki Pedersen 0.00

Yep. 

10 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

This situation looking from the outside reminds me a lot of the Diamonds situation... See how that ended

• New owner comes in, promises the world, delivers nothing
  • Very badly put together teams with no heatleaders
  • Promises of changes every week but it never comes
  • Crowd levels dropping like a stone but no action being taken to prevent it
  • Teams so far below the limit you could almost fit another 3 riders in place
  • Zero communication of any sort from the club other than the 'turn up or lose it' type of attitude
  • Guest after guest after guest

It'll not be long until the plug is pulled imo. I really do feel for the Peterborough fans here... The only positive yous have is Basso.

Andersen and NKI were shocking last night, Ben Cook was alright but you need better than that... Yous needs to get that lad who was out practicing last night after the meeting (Cooper Rushden?) I genuinely think he'd have beaten Hans and Niels...

He's reserve FFS. He is not supposed to be doing a top 5 job.They are not even supposed to get as many as nine! And what reserves regularly get 10 points a meeting? 

Edited by lisa-colette

8 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

I’m not sure what is more baffling…the ownership of this club or people that still think Ben Cook is one of our issues

Yeah, it is odd. 

27 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Nicki Pedersen 0.00

And add in guest replacements and it's 5.04 from number 1 position.

37 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Nicki Pedersen 0.00

Including last nights meeting.. RW 6.11,  NKI 5.93, Cook 4.78,   Hans 4.75,  Basso 4.46.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

People seem to have been slightly triggered that I said you could replace Ben Cook with a better rider... I didn't at any point say that he has been bad, all I'm saying is if there is changes made and the team is still under the limit, why not upgrade him to a 5/6 point rider from the continent... Peterborough need a major overhaul, and if a few riders are to be sacrificed then that's the nature of sports... I'm sure Ben would be signed up elsewhere. If Peterborough aren't going to build with top end power they need a reserve that is going to bang in double figures at every track

43 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He's reserve FFS. He is not supposed to be doing a top 5 job.They are not even supposed to get as many as nine! And what reserves regularly get 10 points a meeting? 

The way things are going he's destined for the top 5... Then what, when he's not doing a top 5 job in the top 5? Peterborough need a number 6 who can make the step up, because the rest of the team is awful

1 minute ago, Diamonds85 said:

The way things are going he's destined for the top 5... Then what, when he's not doing a top 5 job in the top 5? Peterborough need a number 6 who can make the step up, because the rest of the team is awful

I think he would go well at number 2. He’s not off the pace when I’ve seen him, plus being helped by our new number 1 which we supposedly are getting. Only problem is Hans will drop to reserve and they way he’s riding he won’t beat any of the other reserves in the league. You’ve got Kerr, blodorn, Zack cook, even danyon had the better of Hans at Ipswich 

1 minute ago, Gasser90 said:

I think he would go well at number 2. He’s not off the pace when I’ve seen him, plus being helped by our new number 1 which we supposedly are getting. Only problem is Hans will drop to reserve and they way he’s riding he won’t beat any of the other reserves in the league. You’ve got Kerr, blodorn, Zack cook, even danyon had the better of Hans at Ipswich 

Problem is with Ben, is yeah he's good at Peterborough and Belle Vue but at Wolverhampton he failed to score a single point, at Ipswich he scored 6 from 6... It's hardly the form of a solid number 2 rider, they can't afford any more passengers... Don't get me wrong, I love watching Ben, I've been to Poole a few times recently and Redcar last year he was flying, but Peterborough need better than what they currently have, badly and I mean the whole team, not just at reserve.

25 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

People seem to have been slightly triggered that I said you could replace Ben Cook with a better rider... I didn't at any point say that he has been bad, all I'm saying is if there is changes made and the team is still under the limit, why not upgrade him to a 5/6 point rider from the continent... Peterborough need a major overhaul, and if a few riders are to be sacrificed then that's the nature of sports... I'm sure Ben would be signed up elsewhere. If Peterborough aren't going to build with top end power they need a reserve that is going to bang in double figures at every track

And that makes perfect sense. Unfortunately Lisa is overprotective at anything said in a negative way about one of her precious boys. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ScottCampos178 said:

Daniel, as you know, I'm friends with Dale and will defend him, sometimes out of loyalty granted but on this one he had nothing to do with team building at Peterborough for this season as all of that was taken over by others now involved with Peterborough. 

Appreciated :t: good for Peterborough fans to know also. 

• Like 1