British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 hour ago, skydog said:

North of £250000. Plus buying tractors etc and league entry fees

Leicester was 700 grand all in I believe. 
And that’s with the make shift grandstand. But I must say the viewing all round the Leicester track is superb, that’s what we should aim for 

Edited by Gasser90
Added more
  • Like 1

Just think..if 700 of us put in a grand each we could do it...I would if someone I trust was leading it and guaranteed that we wouldn't have to put up with the crap we've had to witness this season..oh and I want a seat on the start line and a free program...and not have to pay a £1 for parking:)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Just think..if 700 of us put in a grand each we could do it...I would if someone I trust was leading it and guaranteed that we wouldn't have to put up with the crap we've had to witness this season..oh and I want a seat on the start line and a free program...and not have to pay a £1 for parking:)

That 700 grand I mentioned didn’t include the land, the council have them the land at Leicester, we will need to buy some land so your probably looking at millions to buy land and build a track, 

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

And that’s with the make shift grandstand. But I must say the viewing all round the Leicester track is superb, that’s what we should aim for 

Viewing is very good, track and pits are rubbish 

2 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

Interesting - as grandstands are a huge luxury that isn’t needed. Grass banking would more than suffice in the early days.

who decided councils own land, who did they buy it off, and whos money?

The land in question is down Oxney Road I'm lead to believe but as said above staying at the showground is the only chance this has of materialising in reality. 

The resistance has to start now. I understand MT is talking to Buster about the club but won't make any statements until deals are done 

9 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Viewing is very good, track and pits are rubbish 

Gee...........thanks for telling me that. I won't go any more then. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Flappy said:

The land in question is down Oxney Road I'm lead to believe but as said above staying at the showground is the only chance this has of materialising in reality. 

The resistance has to start now. I understand MT is talking to Buster about the club but won't make any statements until deals are done 

God we can only hope...I feel like this season has been a S### stick that we just keep getting poked with..

Just curious, Does anyone know who the promoter was set to be for yesterday's rained off meeting? 

14 minutes ago, Pitch said:

Just curious, Does anyone know who the promoter was set to be for yesterday's rained off meeting? 

As BSPL would have had one of their Board Directors on site - Mr Bates - I imagine it would have been him. (He would simply remove his Sheffield Cap/Jacket for the night and replace it with a Panthers one!).

Unless of course Rob Godfrey would have stepped in (with Chris Louis otherwise occupied and Danny Ford away on hols)?!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pitch said:

Never mind all that... does anybody know what @chrismorton was doing last night? I've checked Speedway updates and it's not mentioned anywhere :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pitch said:

Noah?  :)

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Knighted Rocket said:

Peterborough’s new promoter is Rob Lyon.

I asked Buster in the car park after he told me the meeting was off .

If that's true, why haven't the club announced it?