British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 minute ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Wouldn't it be better for him to wait until he's retired and include all this sort of stuff in his autobiography?

Well until we see what he has to say  who knows? It could be something that is better said now.

3 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Wouldn't it be better for him to wait until he's retired and include all this sort of stuff in his autobiography?

Would help to sell more i guess.. It's not like Bomber to miss a trick;)

49 minutes ago, iainb said:

Is it going to bring down British Speedway? :D

That won't be too difficult..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Looks that Harris has been sacrificed as a result of the possible initial mistake in signing Batchelor for Morris,  they seemed to want to get Cook involved and has his average is higher than Batchelors and to free up enough space points wise they have looked at getting Worrall who will score well at BP and Cook in to fit points wise and it was Harris they decided to release most likely knowing Peterborough would be willing to take him back in place of Worrall . 

If they wanted Cook,Leicester should have got him as a direct replacement for Morris when he was suspended,at least that way they could have kept Harris too.Bad management imo to get Batchelor in the first place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave Jones said:

Don't you  think it would be wise to wait & see what Bomber has to say before passing judgement? 

He has been dropped from his side. What groundbreaking information is he going to release? I can sense some sour grapes coming sadly. The tone of his Twitter post suggests as much. 

2 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

He has been dropped from his side. What groundbreaking information is he going to release? I can sense some sour grapes coming sadly. The tone of his Twitter post suggests as much. 

He's hardly been a disappointment for Leicester, so he's allowed to have a good old whinge isn't he? God knows enough of us whinge on here!

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

If they wanted Cook,Leicester should have got him as a direct replacement for Morris when he was suspended,at least that way they could have kept Harris too.Bad management imo to get Batchelor in the first place.

The thing I haven't seen or read anything about is did Panthers release Ritchie first or did Lions make an approach for him with a swap for Bomber in mind?

I think there is more to this than is being made public at the moment and perhaps Bomber is going to spill the beans on some underhanded dealings?

• Like 1

Just now, Bojangles said:

He's hardly been a disappointment for Leicester, so he's allowed to have a good old whinge isn't he? God knows enough of us whinge on here!

As I said above, he’s not the first, nor will he be the last to fall foul of the numbers game. Be aggrieved by all means, but to take to social media and threaten an expose isn’t really very professional. Of course this is speedway. 

Just now, Ben91 said:

As I said above, he’s not the first, nor will he be the last to fall foul of the numbers game. Be aggrieved by all means, but to take to social media and threaten an expose isn’t really very professional. Of course this is speedway. 

True, not very professional, but it's hardly just a speedway issue. Just look at the Kylian Mbappe saga in what's supposed to the biggest sport in the world, involving two of the biggest clubs in the world and what is arguably the best player in the world. Couldn't keep him off social media a couple of months ago.

9 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

True, not very professional, but it's hardly just a speedway issue. Just look at the Kylian Mbappe saga in what's supposed to the biggest sport in the world, involving two of the biggest clubs in the world and what is arguably the best player in the world. Couldn't keep him off social media a couple of months ago.

True. Coming from any sportsperson it would be unprofessional. I’d like to think Harris would be more mature and has a better grasp on “real” life than Mbappe though at his age. 

21 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Didn't he say something similar near the end of last season and everyone thought he was going to retire? So not sure it is just about Leicester. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

In his own words?

Surely he should be using a "guest" writer...?:D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

It’s not like he’s been left without a team spot at all. Some of his scores for Leicester were poor also imo. 

27 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Yeah exactly it’s not as if he’s been left on the shelf ala batchelor at the start of the season. 

If it is annoyance about being dropped then how about all of the times he’s came out with the can’t find the right set up etc even though he’s been riding said tracks for 25 years. 

11 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

True. Coming from any sportsperson it would be unprofessional. I’d like to think Harris would be more mature and has a better grasp on “real” life than Mbappe though at his age. 

Fair point. Guess he's just thinking he's got no other outlet to air his dirty laundry.