British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Believe in those fighting for us, They truly care about our club.

Ignore anything Buster says because he wants us gone hence why he hasn't bothered putting up any kind of fight and just encouraged people to give up all hope.

#KEEPTHEFAITH 

23 minutes ago, TTT said:

Believe in those fighting for us, They truly care about our club.

Ignore anything Buster says because he wants us gone hence why he hasn't bothered putting up any kind of fight and just encouraged people to give up all hope.

#KEEPTHEFAITH 

I don't believe that he wants us gone but he's clearly not got the affinity to the club compared to those who came before him. He had to keep AEPG sweet all year, and probably still does? Some of the messaging and detail (or not) within it throughout 2023 has, even so, been rather disappointing though!

Buster is done now though. The important thing now is to keep the pressure up on the EEAS/AEPR/PCC which will be vital support for those behind the scenes fighting for our future.

Edited by Crump99

13 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

From the article..

"It’s a major boost to a local consortium, who we can now reveal, are in deep negotiations with current owner Keith Chapman to buy the club."

"Sport England’s intervention has breathed fresh impetus into the consortium who are desperate to buy the speedway rights from Chapman" 

Surely both parties can sort a deal out between themselves.. There can't be much value in it. Air fence, flood lights and any machinery that Buster has brought in .Or is it just the name they want ? Someone on here has posted that the floodlights might be off to Workington ?

I was told Saturday night at the farewell meeting everything speedway connected needs to be removed within 7 days from the site and yes apparently Workington have bought the track lights how true any of this is time will tell 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haza said:

I was told Saturday night at the farewell meeting everything speedway connected needs to be removed within 7 days from the site and yes apparently Workington have bought the track lights how true any of this is time will tell 

I wouldn't believe a word of it and negotiations along with suitable financial arrangements can fix most things.

Under pressure AEPG couldn't get their prepared statement out quick enough on Sunday and that said: 

What will happen to the track at the end of the 2023 season?

AEPG and the current owners of the Panthers are in conversation about the removal of any elements owned by Peterborough Speedway and Keith Chapman. There is a good relationship and a timeline which suits both parties will be agreed. At no time have AEPG given a deadline for this activity to take place.

And after yesterday's glimmer of hope they've similarly rushed out their counter story which I'm sure raises more questions than it answers.

18 hours ago, Noodles said:

Sport England, who almost put a nail in the coffin of a return of Speedway to Brandon with the person they sent to testify at the Public Inquiry?

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

I wouldn't believe a word of it and negotiations along with suitable financial arrangements can fix most things.

Under pressure AEPG couldn't get their prepared statement out quick enough on Sunday and that said: 

What will happen to the track at the end of the 2023 season?

AEPG and the current owners of the Panthers are in conversation about the removal of any elements owned by Peterborough Speedway and Keith Chapman. There is a good relationship and a timeline which suits both parties will be agreed. At no time have AEPG given a deadline for this activity to take place.

And after yesterday's glimmer of hope they've similarly rushed out their counter story which I'm sure raises more questions than it answers.

That’s a rehash of the article / statement published a few days ago in the Cambridge news so I wouldn’t say a direct response to the article in the Peterborough Tel yesterday. 

12 minutes ago, Sully said:

That’s a rehash of the article / statement published a few days ago in the Cambridge news so I wouldn’t say a direct response to the article in the Peterborough Tel yesterday. 

ok ta, didn't read that and I doubt that most locals did either. It will have more impact in Peterborough via the ET though and still needs challenging. As you say, it is a rehash of what they've said before so I'm sure it can be pulled apart as per usual.

On 10/8/2023 at 11:21 AM, scoobydoo said:

Read on the FB page that the supporters club were covering the cost of entry for any ex Peterborough riders that having been invited to attend had said yes , there was another post which suggested both Andy Fisher and Mick Spinks wanted to attend but as they hadn't been invited , they could attend but pay at the turnstile to get in , there was no indication of how many invites were sent out and how many had said yes/no , 

The supporters club cannot be blamed at all for this as they made the gesture to riders no doubt on the back of the managements refusal to pay for those who wanted to attend as ex panthers riders.

Over 53 years 300 plus riders have ridden for the Panthers, if these riders particularly wanted to go nothing was stopping them from attending.

As for those who wanted to go but didn’t get invited, really, is it that important to for ex riders to think they need to get invited for free to consider attending the very last match at the Showground.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

is it that important to for ex riders to think they need to get invited for free to consider attending the very last match at the Showground.

Yes

It's about saying goodbye respectfully

Both for the former riders and supporters.

One of the highlights of Smallmead's 'End of an Era' meeting for me was talking to John Hammond. 

Can't access the article but the link title says the headline, good, hope they're soon out of money. 

1 minute ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Can't access the article but the link title says the headline, good, hope they're soon out of money. 

Worth a read on the website, unsure why the link doesn’t work.

Cllr Julie Stevenson is worth a follow on Twitter. She’s shining a light on this whole issue on a regular basis and certainly making her feelings known about the panthers plight. 

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Over 53 years 300 plus riders have ridden for the Panthers, if these riders particularly wanted to go nothing was stopping them from attending.

As for those who wanted to go but didn’t get invited, really, is it that important to for ex riders to think they need to get invited for free to consider attending the very last match at the Showground.

It would have been nice for a farewell meeting for some of the club legends to have been paraded to the crowd to make an event of it. All it would have required was an invite, that's all

• Like 1