British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

The showground used to bring a lot of jobs and money into Peterborough.  The people who attended the events at the showground came from far and wide together with their money staying in local hotels and spending their money at the events and in the surrounding businesses.  If any of the fictitious jobs from this fantasy development cannot bring that old value plus new money into the area, then losing the showground will be a net negative to Peterborough.  This proposed  development is already affecting a lot of people up and down the country, so I am sure that the council cannot just pull the drawbridge up and close their minds to regional and national populations.

• Like 1

I listened to most of it and found the reactions of the objectors very interesting when either Butterfield or the DHL boss was speaking when they came out with complete bollox, the councillors had the same view as me so they couldn’t have missed it either.

Councillor Stevenson was excellent, if the dates are better I wouldn’t mind attending the main applications because it’s clear that meeting will be lively to say the least.

I don’t doubt their will be an appeal or an updated and different new application on the car business but I think it’s unlikely this will be sorted by spring 2024, it’s a big blow to AEPG and hopefully the car business with DHL will be shut down as quickly as possible.

I do wonder though  if PCC will let them continue pending an appeal.

6 hours ago, Mick Bratley said:

They are now in breach of their contract with DHL I would suggest. DHL must be wondering who the hell they have got into bed with following yesterday’s umm oh er umm er performance from the AEPG CEO.

Probably a member of the same lodge as Mr Beattie who seems to similarly struggle with character judgement? I hope that he was watching yesterday because that was his and the EEAS legacy sitting right there.

5 hours ago, cambpanther said:

Wasn't there meant to be a announcement this week from the group trying to save the club??

Not unless you can point to it.

Local paper today has a consortium update which reads: 

Talks are still ongoing with a six-man consortium wanting to buy the club from current owner Keith Chapman and if the deal goes through they will step up their fight to stay at the Showground where agents AEPG have applied for outline planning permission to build a 1,650 home development, hotel and leisure village.

There is still no confirmed date as to when their controversial application, which has been opposed by Sport England and other authorities as well as local residents, will be heard.

The PT revealed last week that Carl Johnson, Andy Fairchild, Mick Bratley, Michael Tomalin, Dave Hewitt and Jacob Hewitt have been negotiating to purchase Panthers from Chapman.

On 10/23/2023 at 12:55 PM, Flappy said:

Pressure must keep being applied to aepg and 

Agreed. With combined objections (1700*) now at 1+1 for each proposed property within these unwelcome and unwanted planning applications, it'd be quite a milestone to get to a combined 2200 which would be one for each seat in the unviable grandstand that AEPG keep banging on about.

Edited by Crump99
correction

Anyone else follow AEPG on Facebook? They’ve now switched off commenting on posts. So they/he were clearly rattled.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deano said:

Anyone else follow AEPG on Facebook? They’ve now switched off commenting on posts. So they/he were clearly rattled.

Just getting fed up with the negative feedback I suspect. I doubt that they get much traffic usually so people continually slagging them off and taking the mick (although well deserved) isn't a great look. They've been pretty quiet which is a worry, you wonder what they are up to?

Edited by Crump99

The word "buy" is interesting, I do wonder if the consortium are prepared to pay money for anything at this stage.

Mick Bratley post this on FB last week

Many supporters have asked me what they can do to help in our quest to save Peterborough Panthers Speedway Club. Well your time is coming, very soon!

In the meantime, get your Panthers scarves and colours ready, buy yourself a red and black flag (they are as cheap as chips on eBay), and standby for an announcement in the next 10 days!

Please share freely!

• Like 1