British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

14 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Feels like it....

I agree - such a shame one of the best race tracks in the country - and a club and its fans taken with no thought  of the history behind it  such a shame it really is 

On 11/10/2023 at 8:53 AM, iainb said:

Will any riders be there? Can they take their bikes and rev them up and get a bit of attention?

I'm sure I read somewhere that there will be riders and bikes there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mick Bratley said:

AEPG are amateurs in a big boys world of developing. The East of England Agricultural Society (who are getting an easy ride in this and pretty sure that’s going to change as time passes) must be wondering how they’ve got into bed with such a tin pot company, one where the CEO is so worried about his development plans (which have received 1900 comments 99.75% of which are objections) has now enlisted his mates in the Home Counties to start submitting comments in support of the applications. Like I said, tin pot.

Seeing  images of the state of the track who exactly is ahead of the game?

At what point (date) is it to late for the Panthers to run in 2024.

Edited by Pitch

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Such a tragedy track fence and lights gone what total disaster hopefully this isn’t the end 

Think the lights are still up? It's a sad sight though.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Presumably the Showground have asked for the track and fence to be removed within a certain time frame.

Wolves have removed theirs albeit can store stuff at the stadium for 12 months 

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yes I think you are correct - wonder how much longer they will be though - sadly it’s starting to look unlikely racing will continue there I’d have thought if to even remote  chance of the consortium that’s trying to buy the club from Chapman doing a deal to carry on at the showground the owners would have left everything in place at the track for the time being . That said a new fence could be soon be put in place and track relaid. It is though a sad sight to see 

13 hours ago, Pitch said:

At what point (date) is it to late for the Panthers to run in 2024.

Based on 2011, March/April.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Haza said:

I’d have thought if to even remote chance of the consortium that’s trying to buy the club from Chapman doing a deal to carry on at the showground the owners would have left everything in place at the track for the time being. That said a new fence could be soon be put in place and track relaid

Agreed. I sort of get, and appreciate, the removal of his one line top surface. That can be replaced and the track improved and returned to it's former glory. I don't get the fence though, that only plays in to the AEPG narrative of needing the site cleared because they think that some other clowns are going to get in bed with them for their proposed Spring 2024 land sale. What value is there in a load of old wood? That would have been included in this never ending consortium negotiation. Chapman's played a blinder throughout 2023 for Butterfield and AEPG, has he got a PE postcode?

The plan seems to be, forget 2024, fight the AEPG planning applications and hope that there is something left to return to in 2025?

Hopefully Chapman has to explain himself at the AGM. The Speedway Control Bureau put in a powerful objection to 23/00400/OUT | Outline permission for up to 850 dwellings (shame that they didn't add to 23/00412/OUT | Outline permission for up to 650 dwellings which is where the speedway track sits) but they are happy for one of their members to seemingly be happy to lose a prime circuit and stadium to further weaken their product? 

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Keep the belief no matter how disheartening the pictures are, AEPG and Buster want you to fell like it's the end.

The latter just wants to reel in the gullible Panthers by encouraging them to prop up the attendances at KL with a cunning plan to sign all the Peterborough riders that other Premiership clubs don't want, Been the plan for months and you don't need to be an ITK to figure that out, Buster was never our ally so him helping out AEPG isn't a shock to those who saw right through him.

AEPG are just another group of selfish w**kers like we've seen on numerous occasions in our sport who try and take away something from an entire community for their own personal gain and nobody else's, We've seen it at numerous clubs, Some of them get their clubs back and that's why we must keep believing instead of throwing in the towel.

Follow the Save Peterborough Speedway page on social media platforms for all the latest updates from Mick Bratley and all of the other good people who are trying everything they can to save the club, They're the ones we need to listen too and follow their lead like attending the upcoming protest.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Agreed. I sort of get, and appreciate, the removal of his one line top surface. That can be replaced and the track improved and returned to it's former glory. I don't get the fence though, that only plays in to the AEPG narrative of needing the site cleared because they think that some other clowns are going to get in bed with them for their proposed Spring 2024 land sale. What value is there in a load of old wood? That would have been included in this never ending consortium negotiation. Chapman's played a blinder throughout 2023 for Butterfield and AEPG, has he got a PE postcode?

The plan seems to be, forget 2024, fight the AEPG planning applications and hope that there is something left to return to in 2025?

Hopefully Chapman has to explain himself at the AGM. The Speedway Control Bureau put in a powerful objection to 23/00400/OUT | Outline permission for up to 850 dwellings (shame that they didn't add to 23/00412/OUT | Outline permission for up to 650 dwellings which is where the speedway track sits) but they are happy for one of their members to seemingly be happy to lose a prime circuit and stadium to further weaken their product? 

Like Richie Worrall said mate, It's just going to be one big p*ss up in Spain, Not a fan of Richie but his statement was truthful and everyone knows the higher ups couldn't run a bath.

Not one of them will stand up to the man child (Buster) because he'll just spit his dummy out and threaten to pull KL out of the league that will lead to other higher ups folding like a pack of cards knowing they can't afford another Prem club to drop out because they're begging for a Championship club to move up just to save the TV deal.

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

Like Richie Worrall said mate, It's just going to be one big p*ss up in Spain, Not a fan of Richie but his statement was truthful and everyone knows the higher ups couldn't run a bath.

Not one of them will stand up to the man child (Buster) because he'll just spit his dummy out and threaten to pull KL out of the league that will lead to other higher ups folding like a pack of cards knowing they can't afford another Prem club to drop out because they're begging for a Championship club to move up just to save the TV deal.

I have no expectations but it's good to put it out there for reference. People on here may have not seen the SCB planning objection and whoever uploaded it might also see the post and add it to the other application. AEPG don't want objections so another to the total is helpful, especially a significant one.