British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Enjoyed this bit…

AEPG made the further claims in a statement released following “the amount of incorrect information currently circulating in the media and on socials.”

When asked by the Peterborough Telegraph for specific examples of information that has been reported incorrectly, AEPG did not respond  

AEPG can't answer any question, They throw around nonsense and then it bites them on the a*se whenever somebody challenges them.

They're on the backfoot big time and they know it. Turning off replies on posts, Numerous objections and rejected planning permissions. 

The only ally they've got is the insider working for them (Buster Chapman) because nobody else supports them and their plans.

I'm confident the consortium can put AEPG to the sword however the worrying part is I don't think Buster will sell to them or anyone else for that matter because the brown envelope money he took imo is a higher figure than anybody would be willing to pay for the club.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TTT said:

AEPG can't answer any question, They throw around nonsense and then it bites them on the a*se whenever somebody challenges them.

They're on the backfoot big time and they know it. Turning off replies on posts, Numerous objections and rejected planning permissions. 

The only ally they've got is the insider working for them (Buster Chapman) because nobody else supports them and their plans.

I'm confident the consortium can put AEPG to the sword however the worrying part is I don't think Buster will sell to them or anyone else for that matter because the brown envelope money he took imo is a higher figure than anybody would be willing to pay for the club.

Of course, if the Council refuses planning permission because the application doesn't meet the Local Plan requirements or National Planning framework, then AEPG has a much bigger problem than whether Chapman is on their side or not. 

4 hours ago, Sully said:

Charm offensive for the local community continues…get the feeling their feathers are ruffled…

"The land is in no way under the control of Peterborough City Council (PCC) and there is no obligation to hold any specific activities on the site at the behest of PCC, or the local community

Oh dear. That comment should quite rightly sound the end of anything they might want to do here.  Basically they are saying stop telling us what we can to do with "our land" as is up to us what we do and none of the controls that apply to everywhere in this country apply to them. Basically  sod-off and leave us to make loads of money concreting it over and if it is not what you want - tough.  And as to running loss-making events at the showground,  the charity has rightly made a lot over the years from running them all - if anyone has cost them all that income it is AEPG and their get lost attitude to all those events - just look at the latest accounts.

Do they really think that there is no such thing as licensing (wholly controlled by PCC)?  Who do they think controls the access to the site (controlled by PCC and HIghways England) (already pointed out to them when they tried to run an aggressive business without bothering with planning permission - oops!)  Who will they want to take over all the roads and green spaces when they build them to plans passed by PCC (or not if they carry on trying these bully-boy anarchic tactics)?  The site might be very close to the Great North Road, but the kind of behaviour at the heart of that sort of speech was outlawed when Dick Turpin was seen off along with all the other highwaymen.  I can hardly believe they have actually said all that if thy are wanting to carry on trying to push this hopefully doomed plan onto the local people.

I am not sure they have any more feathers left - never mind ruffled, let's make sure they are completely plucked when they finally head off back down the A1.  Maybe the cold up here is affecting their thinking.

9 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Interesting...

Can't see the image? 

12 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

Of course, if the Council refuses planning permission because the application doesn't meet the Local Plan requirements or National Planning framework, then AEPG has a much bigger problem than whether Chapman is on their side or not. 

Not forgetting that on Oct 17 when they turned down the AEPG/DHL shambles, they pointed out their responsibilities as elected officials and referenced the importance of a 100 or so objections (despite details man Butterfield saying that multiples were from single addresses), and the wishes of the local community as well the strong opposition in the room. Well they've now got 1000s of objections, AEPG have rubbished PCC and the local community, and Peterborough Speedway has mobilised its opposition. When AEPG play their next card it is certainly going to be interesting.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Not forgetting that on Oct 17 when they turned down the AEPG/DHL shambles, they pointed out their responsibilities as elected officials and referenced the importance of a 100 or so objections (despite details man Butterfield saying that multiples were from single addresses), and the wishes of the local community as well the strong opposition in the room. Well they've now got 1000s of objections, AEPG have rubbished PCC and the local community, and Peterborough Speedway has mobilised its opposition. When AEPG play their next card it is certainly going to be interesting.

I'm a bit disappointed that the Council has allowed the DHL operation to continue whilst they discuss with AEPG / DHL variations to the planning application ( changing the entrance for transporters).

My understanding is that a revised retrospective application is going back to the Planning Committee in January, and that the public will have a chance to have another say before then. 

We will have to keep a regular check on the planning site, but I'm sure there will be as many resident objections as before, although maybe from a different set of residents. 

1 hour ago, BluPanther said:

I really don't like this Tomlin geezer. There's absolutely no way Buster walked away from Peterborough with £100k+ in his pocket, absolutely no chance. Not even half that. 

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I really don't like this Tomlin geezer. There's absolutely no way Buster walked away from Peterborough with £100k+ in his pocket, absolutely no chance. Not even half that. 

Even if that was case, he's got the wrong end of the stick has he not? The AEPG 'angle' as I understood it is that it costs them too much to host speedway as a landlord and that the rent charged doesn't make it worth it. Unless I've got that wrong? 

Which is rubbish anyway. They just want the speedway gone to make their millions. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Your not the only one.. Talk is cheap. I don't believe it either.. But it makes him look even more of a fool if he is correct, for not paying what Buster wanted pre season. That's if he was ever serious in the first place... Either way it don't do him any favours.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tomlin got the wrong end of the stick and AEPG were deflecting the loss of their income from them crashing the showground business.  The speedway was providing the only business income at the time (apart from the somewhat "illegal" unplanned occupation by all of those cars and transporters) so in AEPG sums, all of the costs to keep the showground open were  piled onto the speedway and that was down to not wanting anyone booking the place for anything that did not pay them direct and operate under their full control.  So in the end they might have been being almost partially truthful in that it could have been costing them more than they were getting from the speedway but that was totally down to their stupidity in thinking they could walk over the council and locals and hire the showground space out to DHL to get all income with no expense. 

Their business plan was to clear the showground of all those pesky customers and use it as a gigantic grass car and lorry car park.  What the 150+ workers they said would have been doing to fund AEPG,'s loan repayments is anyone's guess unless they were going to operate money printing machines in the Arena since nobody can tell them not to in their fantasy world.

• Like 1

Any Panthers fans who go to Kings Lynn should be ashamed of themselves.

They are the sort of people who would sell their mothers for £1.

Buster is a vulture.

Edited by LagutaRacingFan
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Any Panthers fans who go to Kings Lynn should be ashamed of themselves.

They are the sort of people who would sell their mothers for £1.

Buster is a vulture.

Where will you all be going to get your speedway fix next year. I am going to try following Leicester in 2024 and hope Panthers will be back for the 2025 season.