British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

It's Mick Bratley going to the meeting not our illustrious owner 

That's a step in the right direction.

Buster wouldn't even turn up, He'd be too busy counting the rest of the money that AEPG gave him after using a chunk of it to fund KL's 2024 side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Buster wouldn't even turn up, He'd be too busy counting the rest of the money that AEPG gave him after using a chunk of it to fund KL's 2024 side.

No money changed hands apparently, allegedly Butterfield (shrewdly knowing that retirement beckons for his PR man) promised Chapman a place if needed in the older person’s Care Village - within the 280-bed care home, to provide supported care, which will be built in The Care Village. If ever part of the project isn't going to see the light of day then that'll be it.

Only an unsubstantiated rumour of course. We're still awaiting Chapman's version of events for his sterling efforts throughout the 2023 season regarding the future Peterborough Speedway. At the same time of course as keeping an eye out for Hell freezing over.

• Haha 3

I wouldn't mind betting that To a certain extent Buster wishes he'd just let you bunch of ungrateful b@stards  go under when Ged Rathbone had had enough, rather than keep the place going. If Tomalin had put his money where his mouth is last winter you could all be blaming him now., you could have " enjoyed" Chris Holder for the season aa well .Can't blame Buster for not showing up at the rally,  I wouldn't have either if I'd been slagged off that much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, castrolargh said:

I wouldn't mind betting that To a certain extent Buster wishes he'd just let you bunch of ungrateful b@stards  go under when Ged Rathbone had had enough, rather than keep the place going. If Tomalin had put his money where his mouth is last winter you could all be blaming him now., you could have " enjoyed" Chris Holder for the season aa well .Can't blame Buster for not showing up at the rally,  I wouldn't have either if I'd been slagged off that much.

Ged has said numerous times the club would've continued and Chapman only purchased it to keep the Elie league alive 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, castrolargh said:

Jog on 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Flappy said:

Ged has said numerous times the club would've continued and Chapman only purchased it to keep the Elie league alive 

Surely no one had to sell to Chapman at the time?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, castrolargh said:

To a certain extent I bet Buster's son wishes he got away from his Dad earlier than he did lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TTT said:

To a certain extent I bet Buster's son wishes he got away from his Dad earlier than he did lol.

And the relevance of this comment is?

Do we really need another round of sniping on this thread :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Do we really need another round of sniping on this thread :rolleyes:

It could go on for a few years yet...:D

On 12/16/2023 at 4:29 PM, castrolargh said:

If it wasn't in his interest he'd have let us go under, although, as has been said, we wouldn't have. Fair point that Rathbone perhaps didn't have to sell to Chapman but for some reason he did?

The club statement in April explained that it was nothing to do with Tomalin and his mouth (although sealing the deal before opening it would have been preferable); "Over the winter there was an on/off scenario whereby the club may have changed hands. However, given the uncertainty over the longevity of Peterborough Speedway, it was understandable that a sale did not take place".

Which brings us back to the start about what has Chapman done all year to save the club and placate those ungrateful >>>>>>>>? Bugger all on the face of it, although not upsetting AEPG during the campaign is sensible I'm led to believe, so there is a bit of slack there but being the AEPG communications officer was a bit too far. However, from Oct 31 and after subsequently clearing what he was told to remove from the EoES, one assumes that the gloves are off so we await his statement to placate us and justify your Buster love in. 

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

As i have said Buster was never going to run in the club in 24...Whilst it has been know for ages, i'm surprised that the consortium wasn't put together earlier, or started the campaign earlier.  Going by the statement it looks like he might not be the **** that a lot  have been calling him on here all season, after all.. Still time i hear some say...

We will just have to see how it develops, i guess.. I'm not getting in to a slanging match about it on here btw .Had enough of it.. Would just be interested what others make of it.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm not getting in to a slanging match about it on here btw .Had enough of it.. Would just be interested what others make of it.

You don't learn though do you, as we discussed :)

As with most such things, it's too little too late and raises as many questions as it answers. However, it's welcome that he's finally broken cover all of the same and does give the consortium some useful ammunition in their fight to save his club. And there is the sticking point: still his club until it's appropriate, whenever that is and based on what criteria? I thought that discussions have been going on for weeks and an agreement was nearing? Hasn't it been confirmed that he had a serious offer mid season (although not in his required format apparently) so he could have handed it over for someone who wanted to fight for the 2024 that he was never interested in. The pressure that is now mounting on AEPG could have started mid season in a subtle way to potentially create that change of circumstances that we were told was needed.

For the record, I don't hold Buster totally responsible in any respect. There have been plenty of opportunities overtime by those closer to the inner circle to get us to where we are now in terms of public action.

We tend only to remember the recent though and "we have made the extensive attempts to continue beyond 2023" sticks in the throat and is one of those unanswered questions. What extensive attempts were those? Because I don't publically recall any? The only thing that I recall was his awful PA announcement when I walked out of the EoES for what looks like the last time despite the apparent consortium focus.

Edited by Crump99