British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Same as Coventry really you don't need the Grandstand to run speedway at the Showground, it helps but it's not essential 

The grandstand was outdated, and pretty crap if we are being honest. Find somewhere else and make it a multi functional facility. I accept there is a lot of history etc there & this will irk many.. and the challenges are obviously big.

Does anyone know where the lights, starting gate and fence are? Did Workington get the lights? or is everything in storage?

On 2/8/2024 at 4:11 PM, Littleze said:

The grandstand was outdated, and pretty crap if we are being honest.

Needed some new bulbs but provided a seat in the dry, close to the action with good views of choice and a decent sound system. Not quite sure how you come to that conclusion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Needed some new bulbs but provided a seat in the dry, close to the action with good views of choice and a decent sound system. Not quite sure how you come to that conclusion.

In a lot of current speedway stadia that would be a big improvement.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 4:56 PM, eric i said:

Does anyone know where the lights, starting gate and fence are? Did Workington get the lights? or is everything in storage?

The fence I’d say either went in a skip or somebody got it for their log burner . From what I saw wouldn’t be worth saving 

2 hours ago, Haza said:

The fence I’d say either went in a skip or somebody got it for their log burner . From what I saw wouldn’t be worth saving 

The air fence gone to lynn?

22 minutes ago, eric i said:

The air fence gone to lynn?

……..and the latch for the pit gate?

• Haha 5

They did announce at the end of the 2023 season that the air fence had reached it`s end of life, so a new one would have been needed if we had reached an agreement to race in 2024. But obviously AEPG and Chapman made sure we didn`t. :( 

On 2/10/2024 at 4:49 PM, Rickyag said:

But obviously AEPG and Chapman made sure we didn`t.

You'll be telling me next that you don't believe this? - Keith Chapman said“There are no hidden agendas to what has gone on over the past 18 months"

• Like 2

On 2/10/2024 at 4:49 PM, Rickyag said:

They did announce at the end of the 2023 season that the air fence had reached it`s end of life, so a new one would have been needed if we had reached an agreement to race in 2024. But obviously AEPG and Chapman made sure we didn`t. :( 

Why are some of you Peterborough fans still blaming Chapman? Hasn’t he given Mick Bratley and the consortium his blessing to try and negotiate themselves? How are they all getting on with that? Would you like to update everyone Mick on how much of a better fist you’re making of things than Chapman did?

2 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Why are some of you Peterborough fans still blaming Chapman? Hasn’t he given Mick Bratley and the consortium his blessing to try and negotiate themselves? How are they all getting on with that? Would you like to update everyone Mick on how much of a better fist you’re making of things than Chapman did?

Where Chapman gets the blame is the fact that the "horse has already bolted". 

Bratley & Co have only been allowed to save the club once it was closed down. Tough job once clubs have already gone, so no blame at their door. 

The biggest p*!ck the fans should be pointing the finger at is Michael "The Musk of Peterborough" Tomlin. 

Opening his massive mouth, selling the dream to Peterborough fans & not backing it up. 

Chapman has never wavered from closure after 2023 & he deemed it a miracle to have got that season as 2022 should have been the last. Every fan knew the situation & was dealing with it in their own mind until 'Billy Big Bollox' and his false promises opened his mouth. 

On 2/9/2024 at 9:59 PM, Crump99 said:

I suppose he is speaking from personal experience (Rye House) which had a crap track, crap seating and most notably crap watering as it was always dusty and under watered, which ultimately served up crap racing.

26 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Where Chapman gets the blame is the fact that the "horse has already bolted". 

Bratley & Co have only been allowed to save the club once it was closed down. Tough job once clubs have already gone, so no blame at their door. 

The biggest p*!ck the fans should be pointing the finger at is Michael "The Musk of Peterborough" Tomlin. 

Opening his massive mouth, selling the dream to Peterborough fans & not backing it up. 

Chapman has never wavered from closure after 2023 & he deemed it a miracle to have got that season as 2022 should have been the last. Every fan knew the situation & was dealing with it in their own mind until 'Billy Big Bollox' and his false promises opened his mouth. 

But he was powerless to stop the horse from bolting. They just ain’t having Speedway at the Showground and he was told that. He knew he was pi$$ing in the wind and wasn’t prepared to chase unicorns. The consortium have now found that out for themselves. The slanderous accusations on here over the past 6 months from the likes of TTT and the sheep that followed, accusing Chapman of taking “brown envelopes” to ensure the closing of Peterborough speedway have been absolutely staggering. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Irving said:

But he was powerless to stop the horse from bolting. They just ain’t having Speedway at the Showground and he was told that. He knew he was pi$$ing in the wind and wasn’t prepared to chase unicorns. The consortium have now found that out for themselves. The slanderous accusations on here over the past 6 months from the likes of TTT and the sheep that followed, accusing Chapman of taking “brown envelopes” to ensure the closing of Peterborough speedway have been absolutely staggering. 

I'm no Chapman fan but I'm also not blinkered & fair. I've defended Chapman alot over this myself & as I said, most Peterborough fans came to terms with closure until Tomlin started shooting his mouth. 

Micheal Tomlin is the problem in all this, not Chapman. This guy promised to buy the ownership & trapped off about land to build a new track & it all kicked off from there.

Has he now ran off & left it to Bratley & Johnson to figure out?? Don't hear much of Tomlin's name to save the club now do we?? 

Edited by Daniel Smith