British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Poole/Plymouth Sunday 25 September 2022 - Semi-final Championship Play offs

1 minute ago, ruckerroo said:

Poole are a juggernaut at present, unstoppable and all fit and well. I do think they've scheduled the fixtures well too, always on the go and never any huge gaps in the fixtures for them, unlike a lot of the opposition, glasgows lack of meetings  has been ridiculous

I have never known Poole have a long gap between meetings. Think three weeks once a few seasons ago with a gap then rainoff. Never, ever 7 weeks. Club isn’t run like that.

No meeting this week though with Redcar in the K O Cup next on the 12th Oct. Guessing following week for the final.

I have to agree with a previous poster Poole are a juggernaut at the moment nigh on unstoppable love them or loath them you have to admire them and I wish my team could be a successful as them well done Poole fair play to you.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Overall the much anticipated Play-Offs in both leagues have been disappointing this year for various reasons.  Hope the Finals are a bit closer.   Tigers were beaten before they started tonight anyway - maybe some Allied taxis will be required before next year ?    Really thought they would have done a lot better than that though.   Poor show over both legs hard to take for fans.

We have no excuses we didn’t perform, and Poole did, out of this year's team I would keep Danyon, Tom, and Ben but I don’t think Basso will be back.

Connor needs a season away ok at home but not great away. Build around Hume and Brennan and take it from there.

Edited by Gazc

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

As Danny King has just said, it’s speedway and losing Tom Brennan possibly cost Glasgow a win but Poole were right up for it from the start. Havvy said first two heat decisions fired Pirates up to win tonight.

Thought Ben and Zach Cook were both excellent. Zach’s pass of Craig Cook was brilliant and both rode great. Drew improved as the meeting went on. Other top three all did their job.

Glasgow unlucky to be missing Hume and Ostergaard, though the latter was a choice I believe. 

The difference between the teams was Stark(E) Pun intended. The Poole team just wanted it more and it showed from the 1st heat to the 30th.

Favourites for the title and league toppers Leicester will have to be on their best form to win the title. Obviously they are more than capable and the final should be an absolute thriller. Poole on 19th with Leicester on the 22nd? Bring it on! 

Hope not. Bournemouth are at home to Southampton on the 19th. Might affect the attendance going head to head with the south coast derby.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Poole are a juggernaut at present, unstoppable and all fit and well. I do think they've scheduled the fixtures well too, always on the go and never any huge gaps in the fixtures for them, unlike a lot of the opposition, glasgows lack of meetings  has been ridiculous

I think this is a massive factor. Completing all your fixtures at the beginning of August and then trying to be competitive in the Play Offs in late September is almost impossible. One wonders if Leicester will be in a similar boat for the final.

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Hopefully Jubilee Cup will be one off final at a neutral venue as originally planned. 

Oxford would fit the bill if Sheffield can't fit it in. 

Re Presentations, guess they have to get donne b4 cry baby Brennan gets his van loaded again and leaves his team mates to it. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they flogged him to BV. 

You docile prick the bike hit him full  on ffs give your head a wobble 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

Hope not. Bournemouth are at home to Southampton on the 19th. Might affect the attendance going head to head with the south coast derby.

Hmm, they can't do it this Weds then? I don't see how they can have it later than 19th as I am sure the weather is likely to intervene! 

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think this is a massive factor. Completing all your fixtures at the beginning of August and then trying to be competitive in the Play Offs in late September is almost impossible. One wonders if Leicester will be in a similar boat for the final.

Not likely going by the Edinburgh meeting. Also Leicester have been riding in ko cup against us, so had more recent meetings than Glasgow.

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think Poole will muller lester tbh, 6-8 weeks of inactivity is just daft. We know the sports not what is what but teams basically stopping mid august and then starting again in October is just crazy. It needs sorting via the promoters before next season

• Like 1

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Not likely going by the Edinburgh meeting. Also Leicester have been riding in ko cup against us, so had more recent meetings than Glasgow.

I hope so. We all want to see two full sides, injury free and in the groove on two good tracks for the final with the best team winning.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

I think Poole will muller lester tbh, 6-8 weeks of inactivity is just daft. We know the sports not what is what but teams basically stopping mid august and then starting again in October is just crazy. It needs sorting via the promoters before next season

Yep. Why not run the Play Offs in August? No break after the league fixtures and more likely to be in good weather with potentially better crowds.

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep. Why not run the Play Offs in August? No break after the league fixtures and more likely to be in good weather with potentially better crowds.

That would be far too sensible, but we live and hope they can hopefully resolve the unenforced break we had this season.

Edited by Gazc

Dread to think how we'll perform against Poole and Leicester in the Jubilee finals.

58 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

So Cami declared Starke to BSN but another rider to the ref?

Just shows he doesn't know what he's doing :D

• Like 2