British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Poole/Plymouth Sunday 25 September 2022 - Semi-final Championship Play offs

27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The authorities oversee they sport, they produce the original fixture list. They need to ensure matches are ridden when the weather is at its best and kids are off school and that we go into the Play Offs without massive gaps preceding them. IMHO.

Agree.Any Postponed matches should be given Shorter time scale to full-full tie or forfeit.This messing about while riders are riding all over the place is to the detriment to the the sport in GB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Not the same as having regular meetings on your own muckheap though.

I think Poole would probably have won anyway with everyone at full strength and having ridden regularly going into the Play Offs but it's not ideal for Leicester and Glasgow, fixtures need to be planned much better. Too many teams across all leagues have hardly ridden in August which is surely when you want to be having meetings! 

I think one of the reasons can be attributed to the weather, if we had more bad weather, more meetings would have been postponed so more meetings would have to have been ridden in August. The other reason for a lack of meetings for Glasgow is that they got knocked out of the cup. 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe not all the reasons! More the 'supposed' reasons. Dickson did say on twitter that Leicester offered two dates. 

That'll be the dates that were reserved for NDL fixtures but suddenly became available when Nick Morris's Polish Div2 team got knocked out of the playoffs.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

That'll be the dates that were reserved for NDL fixtures but suddenly became available when Nick Morris's Polish Div2 team got knocked out of the playoffs.

Exactly,Dickson only thinking of themselves as usual in British Speedway.

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

You obviously know all the reasons why these fixtures didn’t take place the way you are posting this information.?

I think we all know she doesn't but can't help herself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Gazc said:

I think we all know she doesn't but can't help herself. 

Lisa may have more idea on the reasons than you think. Personally I have no idea!

41 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Personally I have no idea!

Most accurate thing ever posted on here.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Lisa may have more idea on the reasons than you think. Personally I have no idea!

Thanks FB. Can't say i'm too bothered what Gazc thinks anyway :t:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Most accurate thing ever posted on here.

Wow an inaccurate post from the trackprat.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 5:44 PM, Mike0310 said:

I think Poole May struggle against Glasgow  as cook,basso and Brennan are a better heat leader trio than king,worrall and Lawson the tigers reserves are better than Poole’s I have a feeling it could be an all Scottish final I hope not cmon Leicester you have another fan for a few weeks.

Tbh I don't think Glasgow have a stronger heat leader trio than Poole. But either way there's not much between them.

On 9/18/2022 at 7:51 PM, Bagpuss said:

Glasgow haven't raced at home since August 5th and have injuries, I think we all know how this will go. The lopsided fixture list has made a bit of a mockery of British speedway this year and needs sorting badly (amongst many other things)for 2023.

Happens nearly every year, don't know why you'd expect anything to change?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Happens nearly every year, don't know why you'd expect anything to change?

Not with the current bunch in charge anyway. 

On 9/19/2022 at 10:06 AM, Bagpuss said:

You say 'only' those two but they are key men in what's been a solid team so far. However I think their inactivity is going to be the issue, if we are going to have Play Offs then the authorities need to make sure everyone is up to speed going into them.

Same thing happened last year (but not to the same degree) Poole left waiting for the Leicester / Scunthorpe quarter final, which was delayed.

As soon as they announced 6 clubs qualify for the play-offs I could see issues arising, if a QF match is postponed the top 2 clubs will have to wait longer to race.

However Glasgow could have filled the gaps by 1) beating an Edinburgh team missing Masters & Pickering in the KOC or 2) racing the Summer / Jubilee trophy at Leicester (I believe they didn't want to race, missing certain riders) or 3) putting on an Ashfield Classic / NL strength challenge fixture to keep the fans coming?

Edited by szkocjasid

10 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Same thing happened last year (but not to the same degree) Poole left waiting for the Leicester / Scunthorpe quarter final, which was delayed.

As soon as they announced 6 clubs qualify for the play-offs I could see issues arising, if a QF match is postponed the top 2 clubs will have to wait longer to race.

However Glasgow could have filled the gaps by 1) beating an Edinburgh team missing Masters & Pickering in the KOC or 2) racing the Summer / Jubilee trophy at Leicester (I believe they didn't want to race, missing certain riders) or 3) putting on an Ashfield Classic / NL strength challenge fixture to keep the fans coming?

A Far too sensible suggestion!! ;-)

Edited by Skidder1