British Speedway Forum

Kemp has got the talent but needs to toughen up both mentally and also on track, far to often he has a bad first ride or 2 and his head drops and on track he seems to back off to easily if situations get tight or if he misses the gate.

Edited by kevin bass
Corrected

23 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Kemp has got the talent but needs to toughen up both mentally and also on track, far to often he has a bad first ride or 2 and his head drops and on track he seems to back off to easily if situations get tight or if he misses the gate.

Not a fan of Peter Adams btbf he's given Kemp every chance to make a name for himself at this level. As well as his scheduled rides he was occasionally given an extra one hoping to drive up his confidence,but sadly this rarely paid dividends.Seems like a nice guy off track,but needs to show some spirit and aggression when on it.

2 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Not a fan of Peter Adams btbf he's given Kemp every chance to make a name for himself at this level. As well as his scheduled rides he was occasionally given an extra one hoping to drive up his confidence,but sadly this rarely paid dividends.Seems like a nice guy off track,but needs to show some spirit and aggression when on it.

Interesting 2-page interview with Drew Kemp in this week's SS.

41 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Interesting 2-page interview with Drew Kemp in this week's SS.

Which team do you think promised him a place and went back on it? Ipswich?

31 minutes ago, Speedway28 said:

Which team do you think promised him a place and went back on it? Ipswich?

Think it has to be. The other six had theirs all arranged early doors by all accounts.

It's strange that no team in the championship fancied him either, and i don't think the few clubs left to name their final 1 to 7 can fit him in.

1 minute ago, kevin bass said:

It's strange that no team in the championship fancied him either, and i don't think the few clubs left to name their final 1 to 7 can fit him in.

Similar average to Dan Thompson though. Everyone seeming to go for high and low averaged riders, rather than middle. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Think it has to be. The other six had theirs all arranged early doors by all accounts.

he was promised early doors

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Similar average to Dan Thompson though. Everyone seeming to go for high and low averaged riders, rather than middle. 

I also think teams have avoided Dan T because he is so good at Leicester and that perhaps inflated his average.

7 hours ago, stevehone said:

he was promised early doors

Fair enough, in theory it could have been BV or Sheffield then but I think for the other four those riders were always going back.

Puts into perspective the pelters riders get when they go back on agreements, I expect clubs do it all the time unbeknown to most of us.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Fair enough, in theory it could have been BV or Sheffield then but I think for the other four those riders were always going back.

Puts into perspective the pelters riders get when they go back on agreements, I expect clubs do it all the time unbeknown to most of us.

Cant see it was Sheffield, he didn't impress last time he was with us

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Doubt it, by all accounts we promised Hume as well so doubt we promised both of them a team place

10 hours ago, kevin bass said:

So he hasnt got a club in either league...????.its that 5 + ave rider that cant get into the championship...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

So he hasnt got a club in either league...????.its that 5 + ave rider that cant get into the championship...

There's only Birmingham, Plymouth and Poole left with one team slot available and all 3 of these have only a space left for a rider around a 4 point average.