British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Lefty said:

All councils and politicians will be proactive with local elections coming up.

At one time there was talk of the wholesale market at the back of the stadium being relocated. Is that area an option?

Can't see that particular site being big enough, especially with Tai saying he would like to get involved if they could find a 20 acre piece of land so it could include Motocross.Wonder if that field in Lawn Lane next to the JLR plant is an option,but if it was, would the Wolves fans be prepared to travel that far out of town.It would be a long walk from the nearest bus stop if you haven't got a car.                                     Oh...and if we have build a new track, model it on the old Dudley Wood circuit,didn't like the team but loved the track.

Edited by Tommy Sweetman

6 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Unfortunately I am of the pessimistic viewpoint. We have seen the struggles of Cradley to get a new track over decades. Whilst Wolverhampton Council may be sympathetic, I can't think of a site in Wolverhampton which would not raise objections from residents either relating to noise and/or traffic congestion. And they would be in their rights to do so.There are some houses near to Monmore Green, but I think there is a law which says you can't complain about a nuisance if it was already there and you move next to it. I wouldn't think that there are many residents locally who were there in 1928 !

Cradley had no trouble finding potential sites.  They just had no support whatsoever from the very anti-sport Dudley Council. That's going to be key for us to keep on track after this year.

Great to see CVS's "can do; glass half full" attitude rather than the levels of negativity usually found on here!!

On 4/27/2023 at 12:56 PM, Skidder1 said:

Great to see CVS's "can do; glass half full" attitude rather than the levels of negativity usually found on here!!

Oh really,  perhaps you ought to read the latest Wolves statement.

• Like 1

So if the facility ran out on may 1st was Scott riding as a guest on Thursday at Leicester 

Yet again another success story created by the Promotors' "Rule Book of Broken Integrity". We can have the utter farce of only seven teams in the League and each team more than likely to have seven double-uppers put together and called a 'team',. But now because Luke Becker (our only non double upper)  broke his leg at the 'wrong time' we have an average reduction for him. I'm so glad 'integrity' is their watchword.

When do Wolves chuck the towel in?

• Thanks 1

Yet some teams can get away with a guest all season long or until the end of the season.

Total nonsense. Vatcher, clearly penalising one club and letting others get away with it.

Just wrong. 

• Like 1

Does the ruling now mean that Justin Sedgperson can't ride for us at Belle Vue tomorrow as a guest for Luke Becker? As it's a 12 noon start is there enough time to get a new 'lower average' guest. or does it become rider replacement. If R'R then are the replacements based on Luke's average or the 25% off figure? 

Add in the current state of Wolves' machinery over this last week and we might be out of the Cup circa 3pm on 'Coronation Bank Holiday Day'. Then Sheffield (H) the week after can be League (A/B or is it 1/2 these days) or even a challenge which would give us a chance to see Bomber or Scotty for a change!

It used to be 'moving the goal posts' now its 'moving the white lines'. :(

9 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Does the ruling now mean that Justin Sedgperson can't ride for us at Belle Vue tomorrow as a guest for Luke Becker? As it's a 12 noon start is there enough time to get a new 'lower average' guest. or does it become rider replacement. If R'R then are the replacements based on Luke's average or the 25% off figure? 

Add in the current state of Wolves' machinery over this last week and we might be out of the Cup circa 3pm on 'Coronation Bank Holiday Day'. Then Sheffield (H) the week after can be League (A/B or is it 1/2 these days) or even a challenge which would give us a chance to see Bomber or Scotty for a change!

It used to be 'moving the goal posts' now its 'moving the white lines'. :(

Sedgmen's average is below 5.33 (75% of Becker's) so should be OK.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Cheers. It was the Belle Vue preview having Justin Sedgmen (G) 7.11 that threw me!

Tomorrow won’t happen anyway. 

I have to feel for wolves here and oddly I agree with them on this 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Cheers. It was the Belle Vue preview having Justin Sedgmen (G) 7.11 that threw me!

So Wolves still can use S Nicholls..??..5.28 ave from last year ...

59 minutes ago, arnieg said:

They choose  Sedgy because  its his former track ...And under  5.33 ave ...